0898 0901 999 ..... | Page 2 | Vital Football

0898 0901 999 .....

Probably be panicking even more and Moonays phone number could be handy for some. Look even with a couple of amazing signings we are never going to rip the league apart so it's no use panicking. Staying up and consolidating maybe the best we could wish for this time.

First half we did ok but went to pieces after Burn went off. If that was a competitive game that isn't the starting line up and some of those subs aren't made.

If Burn stayed on all game and Power, Byrne and Grigg started that game unlikely the game ends up like it did.

No excusing a poor performance it wasnt good enough, but let's not have a meltdown. A lot of players given a chance and a bit of experimenting going on which is what these games are for. And we've certainly learned a few things and ruled out a few different options before we risk losing points.

This should be a huge kick up the arse that we obviously need. Footballs often a funny game and big results follow horror shows (City win after Blackpool nightmare) so it's not unthinkable we play well and beat Sheff Wed next Sat. If that happens no one will care about this loss, but if we play this badly against Sheff Wed then fair enough we'll really have something to be upset about. But as disappointed as we all are travelling all that way for that performance Im not ready to throw myself in the canal over a friendly.

This afternoon was obviously a wake up call and reality check for some. Expectations I'm guessing have been adjusted.

Ultimately it was a friendly so the result is irrelevant as was the performance, though to a lesser extent.
It's quite evident that we not only need to bring in extra quality but are actually lacking any quality in certain positions. At least the manager knows this, though whether he can influence his employers to do anything about it is another matter. He's our best asset so it would be wise for them not to piss him around and piss him off. The problem with fans in key decision making positions is that at times they lack objectivity and get carried away. Everything in the squad garden isn't rosy and the clock on rectifying it is ticking. It's been a poor incoming window so far - ranging from good Walton, potential Lopes, indifferent Macca to bad Naismith. A season with the current squad and we'll be in a relegation battle as usual, though as I say at least this time we have a decent manager unlike the calamities before him so we have a fighting chance. There's no need for bladed weapons or crisis intervention numbers just yet, just a need to recognise where we are and the realities that lay ahead.

Just listening to Cook he didnt seem too disappointed and thought we were the better team save a mad 10 min spell.
He did acknowledge that the fans were getting restless and tetchy over the ins and outs and said we only had 9 subs including 2 keepers where Rangers had 10. He admitted he was hoping to bring new players in and hinted the takeover was hindering tnings

Just listening to Cook he didnt seem too disappointed and thought we were the better team save a mad 10 min spell.
He did acknowledge that the fans were getting restless and tetchy over the ins and outs and said we only had 9 subs including 2 keepers where Rangers had 10. He admitted he was hoping to bring new players in and hinted the takeover was hindering tnings
Sorry Cooky, I prefer to believe the fans on here who are convinced the takeover is affecting nothing, is going nice and smoothly and bang on schedule.

Well maybe we don't want Perch and Wallace and Gibson for that matter. No bugger else seems to either. I haven't heard of them linked with anyone else and their last clubs certainly didn't want them so why would we and why would we waste all that match practice on them too?

Like I said, I'm not going to divulge my sources.
Regardless......... Your response - or more specifically, the way you phrased it - was reminiscent of that of a four year old.

He seemed very happy in Spain the other week. I'd imagine he's a touch frustrated about the dragging on of the takeover, and fro PK's report, he maybe didn't want to see Perch go (my speculation), but let's not try and make mountains from molehills.

Maybe if Cooky had kept hold of Reese James we would at least have had one left back but he seemed to fall out of favour last winter. One less thing for him to stress out about. It's crazy going into a season without one left back and even Daft enough going into pre season too.

shouldnt we be aiming higher than just survival with “rich” chinese owners

In our first season with said rich owners who have not yet completed the "take over"?. No we and neither should you. This is a notoriously difficult league to get out of upwards and to stay in. Look at Sunderland last year and Newcastle up to a couple of seasons ago. Neither which are run on a shoestring and have much larger fan base than us.

A biit of realism might keep us up, if we don"t start expecting miracles like the last time we won the Division 1 title.