JoMU - the state they are in | Page 30 | Vital Football

JoMU - the state they are in

Long may it continue. Failure to get into the top 4 has consequences. I disagree with this assessment though:-

“identifying United’s midfield as the one where the team lacks genuine world-class quality.”​
I think he needs to have a long hard look at say….the defence and the attack as well.
Who would start from Utd in the current best City or Liverpool teams, maybe the goalie, so work is needed on major signings.

Oh I think he is looking for an escape hatch and this is his ‘test balloon’, his “come and get me“ plea to any clubs that can afford his wages (&trash their wages structure) and who are prepared strip the No 7 shirt of an existing player and destroy squad harmony by playing him every week etc etc.

I also think Erik TH would love to see him depart rather than have this aging prima Donna moping around the training ground muttering and undermining him and disrupting his plans to impose a new way of playing. The Global Megastar Shirt Seller may act as if he wants to get on board …….but I doubt he’ll want to submit to some uppity coach telling his and where to play.

Any port in a storm eh? This new guy is allegedly taking charge of Chelsea transfer policy - I can foresee a new ‘Galacticos’ recruitment model emerging….
If you want to win the top honours you have to spend big, the trick is to buy the right players that fit in.