Realistic Summer Signings | Page 5 | Vital Football

Realistic Summer Signings

It's an interesting signing. He's left footed it's less common for two left footed centre backs to play together so where that leaves our best centre back burn I don't know . Unless Eddie's thinking of a back three

It's an interesting signing. He's left footed it's less common for two left footed centre backs to play together so where that leaves our best centre back burn I don't know . Unless Eddie's thinking of a back three

Was talking to me Brother before and we thought the same although that would mean we would need another starting striker.

We need another starting striker

We do but again, it depends on what formation Howe sees as our first choice.

If it's a 3-5-2 or any of the other 4-4-2/4-1-3-2 permutations then it's a definite but he may persist with a 4-3-3 which would then see one out and out striker and 2 wingers or floaters in the shape of Saint-Maximin, Fraser and Almiron.

Our target will surely be either upcoming or one to cause impact from the bench with the new sub quota. Just not sure there'll be a big priced striker signing until January at the earliest due to FFP rules or the unknown state of Callum Wilson's fitness over a season.

Games against the so called 'big 6' may see us employ our plan B tactics and it's here where a second striker should come more into the fold.

We do but again, it depends on what formation Howe sees as our first choice.

If it's a 3-5-2 or any of the other 4-4-2/4-1-3-2 permutations then it's a definite but he may persist with a 4-3-3 which would then see one out and out striker and 2 wingers or floaters in the shape of Saint-Maximin, Fraser and Almiron.

Our target will surely be either upcoming or one to cause impact from the bench with the new sub quota. Just not sure there'll be a big priced striker signing until January at the earliest due to FFP rules or the unknown state of Callum Wilson's fitness over a season.

Games against the so called 'big 6' may see us employ our plan B tactics and it's here where a second striker should come more into the fold.

Definitely need at least another striker. Wilson is an injury waiting to happen and January will be too late. Expect another striker plus a winger.

Jules Koundé is being speculated to be our next signing. He's a centre back playing for Sevilla and is a French full international.

Personally I can't see it as we'll be ok in defence after Botman completes unless we sell Lascelles and A.N.Other plus he's valued at £50m. As always, we'll see.

Take this with a large dose of salt but speaking of injury prone strikers there has been some talk that we've made an offer for Calvert Lewin. June 30th is a key date for Everton in regards the end of the current FFP cycle and they need to offload players. They had hoped to shift on Richarlison but the move to Chelsea has hit a snag. This story has also partly been picked up by The Mag who make the salient point that for FFp purposes selling a player for approximately £40 million that they bought for £1.5 million is a better fit.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2022/06/ev...ert-lewin-newcastle-united-to-take-advantage/

If we did get Calvert-Lewin then he'd do well just to get his head down and avoid all the fashion show bollocks as it wont go down well here.

I've heard Spurs is more likely for him, not sure about him as a player. Seen him look like a colossus on occasion but lots of injuries and as you imply he seemed to have more focus about appearing in GQ last season.

Hopefully just his agent touting him about. I'd hope our recruitment would be aiming a lot higher that him.

Hopefully just his agent touting him about. I'd hope our recruitment would be aiming a lot higher that him.
Exactly what I was thinking.

The amount of clickbait headlines linking us to 'beasts' and 'monsters' means we would have to register a Newcastle City, Town and County to comply with the 25 man squad rules that currently exist.