Derby County (n/g) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Derby County (n/g)

Some consortium has today bought the ground. This has apparently been a major sticking point with previous buyers and it seems this same consortium will have an offer in place for tomorrow (according to talksport)

Rooney has now quit according to reports. Time the powers that be got to grips with this club - they did not show Bury the same leniency.
Better off for Mr Rooney or just couldn't face league one?

Odious little man.

Rooney is an English football hero and was starting to look like a half way decent manager. He has nothing to reproach himself for over Derby, stuck by them, almost did the impossible, paid the salaries, what more could he have done.

I'd be very worried if a local development company bought Priestfield after the fixtures had come out. In truth they should have been kicked out already because they have shown no evidence that they can complete their fixture list and it's after midnight. The EFL is making a hash of this and it could get worse.

In truth they should have been kicked out already because they have shown no evidence that they can complete their fixture list and it's after midnight. The EFL is making a hash of this and it could get worse.

It was said on Talk Sport during the week that Derby had received a loan that means they have sufficent funding in place to fulfil the fixtures. All the EFL are concerned about is if the club will finish the season. Obviously we don't know the conditions of the loan.

The actual takeover and the ownership of Derby is outside the remit of the EFL. If the law says Derby is still legally a going concern and is still capable of trading while under administration then they can't really do much to kick them out, especially if Derby are able to show an ability to complete the season if allowed to start. I suspect the EFL would open themselves to being sued if they did.

He's no model citizen, but everyone thought Giggs was until everything came out.

At least Rooney is honest with his flaws, who he is and where he's come from.

And I think he’s one of the biggest footballer philanthropists. Does a lot for many charities and his own foundation.

It was said on Talk Sport during the week that Derby had received a loan that means they have sufficent funding in place to fulfil the fixtures. All the EFL are concerned about is if the club will finish the season. Obviously we don't know the conditions of the loan.

The actual takeover and the ownership of Derby is outside the remit of the EFL. If the law says Derby is still legally a going concern and is still capable of trading while under administration then they can't really do much to kick them out, especially if Derby are able to show an ability to complete the season if allowed to start. I suspect the EFL would open themselves to being sued if they did.

I'm not sure how that would fly in a court case. So far we have had a number of individuals and entities, who have claimed to have sufficient funds to make a purchase/takeover. None of them have come up with the readies when push came to shove. There are deadlines to prevent this sort of thing interfering once the season starts and Derby have broken them. If no one has taken over would the administrators sue the EFL, what if other clubs sued the EFL over related matters and the special treatment offered to Derby?

We are in Alice in Wonderland territory where the EFL and others are horrifoied at the prospect of an iconic club going under. We are not such a club and neither are more than a handful of the clubs we habitually play against. Derby are quite literally the problem writ large, massive overspending to reach the top division. It is the so called iconic clubs that are pursuing this prize unchecked and only a handful will achieve it. They need to let one of them go bust, only then might reality strike home.

I'm not sure how that would fly in a court case. So far we have had a number of individuals and entities, who have claimed to have sufficient funds to make a purchase/takeover. None of them have come up with the readies when push came to shove. .

While prior preferred bidders have steps away before proving availability of funds, this is different from someone providing a loan to the club. While true that the person who provided the loan is also interested in buying the club, the loan itself is independant of the funding side of buying the club. If the club goes bust then he loses his money. If the club is bought then he will be due the money back as per the terms of the loan.

While prior preferred bidders have steps away before proving availability of funds, this is different from someone providing a loan to the club. While true that the person who provided the loan is also interested in buying the club, the loan itself is independant of the funding side of buying the club. If the club goes bust then he loses his money. If the club is bought then he will be due the money back as per the terms of the loan.

Get you but I still think Derby have busted the regulations and there is no guarantee this guy has the backing required. At the very least he has a dual interest in the purchase of the ground.