The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 132 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

Lost his place to Tomori according to something I read but who knows. Might be a step up from Mings but might not but on a free its worth a go

I thought they'd been playing alongside each other until he got injured?
Didnt force his way back in after that, unless it was due to him running his contract down

I thought they'd been playing alongside each other until he got injured?
Didnt force his way back in after that, unless it was due to him running his contract down

You're probably right, I've just watched the obligatory video of him and he's very left-footed. As per normal he looks good in the highlights. He's played all the way through the Italian age groups so was obviously well thought of. I'd imagine we'd do well to get him

You're probably right, I've just watched the obligatory video of him and he's very left-footed. As per normal he looks good in the highlights. He's played all the way through the Italian age groups so was obviously well thought of. I'd imagine we'd do well to get him

I do watch a bit of the Italian football when the bigger teams are on, although I wouldnt pretend to have an in-depth knowledge of the bloke. He seems decent enough - I wouldnt say he stood out, but I often think that can be a good thing for a CB, at least he's not making howlers.

I don't see us shifting Ming's or bringing in a striker.. possibly late on in the window after a look at pre season but I won't be expecting anymore signings anytime soon. Not in those 2 positions anyway....

I wonder if we bid for Philips and if we bid more than city but got knocked back, it wouldn't surprise me. Lat season did nothing to enhance our profile did it?

I’m not really that sorry we didn’t get Phillips. I think he’s a bit overrated to be honest and a tad injury prone. We’re better off with Kamara doing the bulk of the defensive stuff and imo should be going for someone a bit more box to box, preferably Conor Gallagher.

I shed no tears over him either, I think they've only bought him because they can. I don't see him getting much game time when they are up against the likes of Liverpool Chelsea etc but against us, he'll play. I don't see what all the fuss is about with him .

The only reason Phillips is heading to the blue oil tossers is because he's English and thus counts towards their home grown quota. They needed a backup dm as Fernandinho has gone so why not boost their quota of English players. Especially as Sterling might be going this leaving them a home grown player short.

I'm sure the press will drool over him being a much better player under Pep whilst he plays against the likes of Bournemouth and Genk but watches the important games from the bench. Just like someone else we know.

Its actually quite depressing really as now more than ever teams outside that upper echelon of clubs just cannot have good players for more than a couple of years. Football just has no depth to it these days.