Summer transfer window thread | Page 123 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

The fact that Mainz don’t want to talk to us suggests that’s far from likely. We had a good idea of the amount they would accept but still decided to play silly buggers. It’s only the fact that the player wants the move that may keep the deal alive but I wouldn’t hold my breath…

That's just the selling club talking b0110x. And that is easily proven when they do talk to us again.

Mainz will deal Basha, they want £13 million and we will hopefully get him for less than that.
That's assuming the story is true. Danny Taylor's article on The Athletic this morning suggests that he is likely to sign.

Even if it is true, it seems unlikely that Mainz would refuse to deal with us at all. Are we to believe that if we went back and met their asking price that they'd say no simply because it's Forest?
Considering where the reports are coming from I would be shocked if there wasn’t at least some truth in it albeit it may be old news and we may have moved on. The player really wants the move which may save it but ironically we may end up paying a premium as we over-compensate.

It’s not good to immediately get a reputation like this before we have even signed anyone.

That's just the selling club talking b0110x. And that is easily proven when they do talk to us again.
Not really. The player wants the move so the club may have to deal with us. Doesn’t mean they want to or will be accommodating. We may end up overcompensating so we will see if/when we sign him and the fee is revealed.

Laryea and ojeda have been made available for loan

Gibbs white will costs 20mill

We are interested in that young man City right back

The union Berlin striker is alternative to keinan who is too expensive
Can’t see Larry ever playing for us again. Ojeda has a chance but loan is the right move. Be interesting to see what happens with Surridge. I think promotion has adversely affected the Forest career of a few players.

The Man City Right Back is a beast but may only be available to loan.

I had read/heard £15m plus add-ons would be enough for Gibbs-White but we will see.

Considering where the reports are coming from I would be shocked if there wasn’t at least some truth in it albeit it may be old news and we may have moved on. The player really wants the move which may save it but ironically we may end up paying a premium as we over-compensate.

It’s not good to immediately get a reputation like this before we have even signed anyone.
I'm sure its fine.
You don't get a reputation on the back of one attempted signing.
Otherwise Villa would be in the absolute shit and never able to sell a player again after demanding daft money for Davis.
Most of the time its just negotiations put into the public sphere to try and get fans to pressure their clubs.

I'm sure its fine.
You don't get a reputation on the back of one attempted signing.
Otherwise Villa would be in the absolute shit and never able to sell a player again after demanding daft money for Davis.
Most of the time its just negotiations put into the public sphere to try and get fans to pressure their clubs.
Not really. Villa have set a price. It’s then up to potential buyers to either make an offer, wait for the price to drop or walk away.

We had a good idea of the sort of price Mainz wanted but rather than offer the lower end of that range we lowballed it which Mainz thought was taking the piss.

It’s not the first time either.

Not really. Villa have set a price. It’s then up to potential buyers to either make an offer, wait for the price to drop or walk away.

We had a good idea of the sort of price Mainz wanted but rather than offer the lower end of that range we lowballed it which Mainz thought was taking the piss.

It’s not the first time either.
So if Forest said 'We're not going to talk to Villa any more, they set a price we don't agree with' would that be fair?
And if Villa fans then said 'we shouldn't be getting a reputation like this' would that be fair?

The only difference is that Forest aren't making statements about other clubs in public to try and achieve something.

So Mainz say they dont want to deal(assuming rumours are true)

I dont see why clubs get huffy, they want £13m but he has a year left on his contract so any buying club wants to get the price down...sensible

what Mainz want and get are two different arguments, if they dig heels in and keep him and he goes free next summer then thats their right...and risk, but they could end up with a pissed off player

if a club offers low, just say nope...and move on...no need to get hissy

So Mainz say they dont want to deal(assuming rumours are true)

I dont see why clubs get huffy, they want £13m but he has a year left on his contract so any buying club wants to get the price down...sensible

what Mainz want and get are two different arguments, if they dig heels in and keep him and he goes free next summer then thats their right...and risk, but they could end up with a pissed off player

if a club offers low, just say nope...and move on...no need to get hissy
They wouldn't put this out into the public unless they felt they could gain something from doing so.