Rigalettoes | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rigalettoes

Sports bar so will be open for the rugby. So I would imagine it will be red and white as well as blue

If it is I won't be spending a penny in there.

Thats what i was hinting at on the other page, deck the place out in blue and white with Latics memorabilia plastered all over the walls.....You won't get many chubbies in if at all.

Edit.....Once the chubbies find out their money is going to Latics the majority won't go near the place. ;)

Thats what i was hinting at on the other page, deck the place out in blue and white with Latics memorabilia plastered all over the walls.....You won't get many chubbies in if at all.

Edit.....Once the chubbies find out their money is going to Latics the majority won't go near the place. ;)

The eggchasers have their own fans place in Robin Park.
I wonder though if part of the new rent agreement states they have to close the RP place?

If so the new Rigalettos will probably be adorned with the worriers stuff as well.

Really cant see this working out ,first of all the name of the bar will put off some egg chassers if its the whelan bar
But fans that support both sports it will be ideal
Next fans that dont like wigan rugby will not want sit in a bar that is decorated with wurriors stuff
Has i assume will be same with most wurriors fans being latics stuff
But again fans who support both latics and wurriors will enjoy it
Is there a sports bar in robin park arena that has both wurriors and latics stuff on the walls ?

I think the clue is n the name "Sports Bar" & not "Latics Bar" - I'd imagine that it'll have photos & memorabilia of all types of Wigan sporting achievements be that Latics, rugby league, rugby union, athletics, boxing etc..

I hope this idea works out for the owners,myself i enjoy a pint in andertons before and after games

Pity. Was one of the best in the district and had a regular strong clientele.
Fabulous food, excellent value and one of the hidden gems in Wigan.

At three and half quid for a pie it's not surprising and if the pay on the day prices increase then it will be a double edged sword. Less fans and less spent on overpriced catering.

Sadly tho that is the trend....it's very much everyone putting their prices up, from the catering suppliers thru to the contract caterers, all having to put their costs on to joe public.....as a casual(ish) worker on the hospitality industry as a chef from Cheltenham all the way down to Goodwood I have seen a fairly significant rise in my ££'s per hour but these are in light of lesser numbers to carry out the job & the pressures that follow....at the end of the day tho any wage increases to hospitality workers ( chefs / waiting on staff / porters etc etc) are ultimately passed onto the paying public through higher admission charges/ alcohol / food/ beverage etc....so we all lose out in the end.

How nice does this look! Imagine a sports bar like this with blue and white panels. This is a tier six football club btw!

Dulwich Hamlet are a great non league club who get very good gates but in terms of personal taste that bar looks cheap & tacky (even if it was blue & white instead of blue & pink) and looks like the sort of thing you find in a seaside pier amusement arcade