Summer transfer window thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Wow just wow. Never thought it would happen this year but we are there!
Of the transfer speculation I have seen there is a lot of agents looking for moves for their Clients I think and putting the newly promoted team in the mix.
I don't see the Pope link to be honest, unless one of either Hovarth or Samba is leaving, especially not for the sums quoted.
Hopefully Spence joins us, but money talks!!
The one I see interesting is the Gibbs-White link. For me he could play in the role that Zincs has been playing. I would still take Zincs if he was available and wanted to come.
Interestingly, the Davis link has gone quiet.
But with all of the above, most players will be on holiday now (except internationals) so perhaps we wont start to see movement until mid to end of June

Transfer window SLAMS open Friday 10th June, let's see what business we've got done early.

Davies was signed Jan 1st so I'm expecting a full squad of new singings by mid-next week. COYRs!

I've been meaning to check this but how is the EPL squeezing the WC in to the same season calender as before? I think I read the schedule is out at the end of next week?

If we're shutting up shop for 6 weeks over xmas it's good as it'll give us time to repair and recuperate, but they'll be some heavy legs on a lot of pitches come mid way through the second half of the season with the amount of fast paced games in quick succession, you could see us slow down in those 8 games in April, the squad and bench will come into its own more than any other season and some well versed freebies such as Rothwell etc will definitely help us keep our head above water.
shutdown from November 18th I believe and back on boxing day

but with cup replays etc it could seriously stretch the season

Of the transfer speculation I have seen there is a lot of agents looking for moves for their Clients I think and putting the newly promoted team in the mix.
I don't see the Pope link to be honest, unless one of either Hovarth or Samba is leaving, especially not for the sums quoted.
The one I see interesting is the Gibbs-White link. For me he could play in the role that Zincs has been playing. I would still take Zincs if he was available and wanted to come.
But with all of the above, most players will be on holiday now (except internationals) so perhaps we wont start to see movement until mid to end of June

Double WoWsheet please young @Ingy

I got more confidence that he'll choose Forest. The latest is all the clubs interested have matched 'Boro's offer.
It'll then come down to wages which, whoever he chooses will make him a millionaire.
He has expressed his love for Forest.
If we get him then fantastic. It would be great to see him improve with us.

If not, then thanks for the memories and hope it works out for him. There are other players out there.

Pope is one of the most solid keepers in the division. At the right price we would be daft not to go for him.

It is in the Ukraine league which has some quality teams and some that struggle but 14 in 17 is good in any league. Looked good against Scotland and Wales. Right age. Interesting to see what money men think. Perhaps can half the quoted price. Would imagine Ukraine football is struggling at present.