Marinakis. Thank you | Vital Football

Marinakis. Thank you

I'd just like to thank the owner and his familu for all they have done.

It has been bumpy but this season is one of the best I have witnessed..

Thank you. Yesterday was one of the best days of my life.

Well said.

His son(s) really seem to love working for the club from the little bits I've seen

I've been suspicious of these guys since day 1.
I guess they had the right stuff after all.
Thanks Marinakis!

I think this thread shows that success and fortune eclipse skill and reputation.

Personally, I think his appointments at the club have been horrendous, and that it’s only because he lost a bit of interest and handed over a lot of responsibilities that we’ve stumbled on to success, thanks to finally getting sensible business and football men at the club.

A significant case of prevailing in spite of, not because of. And if/when Cooper leaves, he’ll have a big job to replicate this success.

I think this thread shows that success and fortune eclipse skill and reputation.

Personally, I think his appointments at the club have been horrendous, and that it’s only because he lost a bit of interest and handed over a lot of responsibilities that we’ve stumbled on to success, thanks to finally getting sensible business and football men at the club.

A significant case of prevailing in spite of, not because of. And if/when Cooper leaves, he’ll have a big job to replicate this success.
I think you're wrong but hey, happy days.

A bit harsh IMO, though I have to agree that it took a lot of mistakes before the penny finally dropped. He was then responsible for bringing in Dane Murphy, who in turn appointed Cooper (whether that was on the advice of Gary Brazil I don't know) but everything else has flowed from there.

We are going places now and we have the right manager and CEO to make sure it's to a process. No signing of a washed up Man Utd player and that

Football is mostly luck. Easy to say “he’s struck lucky with cooper” but I’d argue he was equally unlucky to get such mediocrity with Warburton, Karanka, O’Neill. He nearly got it right with Lamouchi, and his appointment of the best at the time in Hughton, who we ALL wanted, turned into catastrophe…. Was that HIS fault? Or did perhaps those managers underperform?

we’ve landed on a miracle man in cooper but the reality is that every club at this level is doing the exact same thing - hoping for the best. He backed in January and that for me got us over the line. He therefore deserves credit.

He’s been astute enough not to allow his impatience to cripple us financially with FFP and every season under him, we’ve gone in feeling we have a squad strong enough to compete. He deserves the luck.

I’m hoping and am quietly confident that we are about to become the priority in a huge push for success. Bring it on!

Can anyone, especially my little stalker possibly explain how big Mariz is able to do interviews, despite English not being his first language? Or how he manages to pay bills on time, despite their being Greek bank holidays? Or all the other countless errors made by Fawaz that have not been repeated? I thought the snertz were saying it was because the valiant few of us that were opposed to Fawaz were part of an AGENDA or whatever other made up bollocks they were spouting that week.

SHAME

COME ON YOU SNERTZ

Football is mostly luck. Easy to say “he’s struck lucky with cooper” but I’d argue he was equally unlucky to get such mediocrity with Warburton, Karanka, O’Neill. He nearly got it right with Lamouchi, and his appointment of the best at the time in Hughton, who we ALL wanted, turned into catastrophe…. Was that HIS fault? Or did perhaps those managers underperform?

we’ve landed on a miracle man in cooper but the reality is that every club at this level is doing the exact same thing - hoping for the best. He backed in January and that for me got us over the line. He therefore deserves credit.

He’s been astute enough not to allow his impatience to cripple us financially with FFP and every season under him, we’ve gone in feeling we have a squad strong enough to compete. He deserves the luck.

I’m hoping and am quietly confident that we are about to become the priority in a huge push for success. Bring it on!

Lots on my friends in greece believe this is exactly what is happening. Plenty of olympiacos fans calm but nervous. We will see.

Lots on my friends in greece believe this is exactly what is happening. Plenty of olympiacos fans calm but nervous. We will see.

Bouchalakis is their captain, so I'm not sure really how many players they have that would be good enough for the PL.

According to Transfermarkt, Camara, Masouras, Cisse, Onyekuru, Soares and Fortounis are the only players with a higher transfer value than Bouchalakis.

Anyone know much about or rate any of these?

He just got us promoted to the prem.

Doughty took us to league 1. Fawaz nearly did.

Give the man credit