The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century

Waking up to work this morning was tough! I’m absolutely drained. The 2 hour wait outside the train station followed by a further 2 hours stood in the aisle of the train, then a further 1.5 hours of wandering around wembley way stone cold sober unable to get a pint anywhere meant this had the hallmarks for one of the worst days out ever.

Eventually getting into the ground and having a few pints reinvigorated that zapped enthusiasm. I was sat near the top and literally bang in the middle of the dug outs. To give you an idea of how bang in the middle… I was sat next to the divide between us and Huddersfield. As a result, I got to taste both atmospheres.

the game flew by and to be honest the whole occasion didn’t feel like a football match - it felt like a concert. The stadium, the music, the celebrations. It was frankly surreal.

I think even though I knew deep down we had as goods. Chance as them, I hadn’t GENUINELY contemplated us doing it. It’s too foreign to me. I don’t actually know how that feels and therefore couldn’t believe it was possible.

I was nervous but emotions in check until suddenly i realised we were in injury time and fans were starting to whistle. I was suddenly overcome with emotion as the goal kick was about to be taken, and when that whistle went, I was crying.

I can’t begin the describe how much it means to me. Just everything. All I’ve wanted was to have one of those moments that every other fan seems to have but it always seems to be cruelly evasive of me. For it to happen at Wembley, with this coach, with these players felt like the gods had made up for the last 22 years of hurt in one moment.

I’m elated and don’t even want to worry about the premier league yet - just want to take in this week and enjoy it with friends, family and all of you on here who have been through the mill with me! Enjoy gents - it’s our turn!!

Cardiff supporter at work wandered into the office last week and said to his mate (without knowing I'm NFFC) that'll be 6 points lost if Forest go up...anyway.

Today feels surreal, just surreal. It's going to take a while to sink in.

Ignore that test post above

I've just signed up to post again after years away and wasn't sure it had worked!!

So many brilliant posts in here!!

From so many brilliant posters

Makes you emotional.

What a day!!!

Don't think we could possibly beat that experience yesterday. Need to savour every second of it.

Winning Championship Playoffs is as big as winning any match anywhere in the world. And we just did it.

Agree with lots of you above. Didn't think it could happen to us.

I've supported us since 1976 and dont think I've ever been so nervous at any game as in those last 6 minutes

Nor celebrated as much after any game

Nlondontree glad you had a great day mate

Pope this thread has got best opening posts you've ever done

And I agree with everything you've said about the match since

Has to be one of the best days of all our lives yesterday

I've spent the morning looking at every YouTube clip I can find from fans and just smiling and feeling so proud

What a day out we had!!!!!

So pleased for everyone on here

Ignore that test post above

I've just signed up to post again after years away and wasn't sure it had worked!!

So many brilliant posts in here!!

From so many brilliant posters

Makes you emotional.

What a day!!!

Don't think we could possibly beat that experience yesterday. Need to savour every second of it.

Winning Championship Playoffs is as big as winning any match anywhere in the world. And we just did it.

Agree with lots of you above. Didn't think it could happen to us.

I've supported us since 1976 and dont think I've ever been so nervous at any game as in those last 6 minutes

Nor celebrated as much after any game

Nlondontree glad you had a great day mate

Pope this thread has got best opening posts you've ever done

And I agree with everything you've said about the match since

Has to be one of the best days of all our lives yesterday

I've spent the morning looking at every YouTube clip I can find from fans and just smiling and feeling so proud

What are day out we had!!!!!

Ps is Oldjom still around?

What a breathtaking day. Still can’t believe we are back in the PL after 23 years! I had a gut feeling that we were going to do it.

I haven’t seen my recording back yet, but what was the view over the two penalty shouts? Sour grapes?

Got back home at midnight to a bottle of champagne and banners at the front door, courtesy of daughter in law, Sheff Weds supporter. Great gesture.

Anyone going to the square at lunch?

What a breathtaking day. Still can’t believe we are back in the PL after 23 years! I had a gut feeling that we were going to do it.

I haven’t seen my recording back yet, but what was the view over the two penalty shouts? Sour grapes?

Got back home at midnight to a bottle of champagne and banners at the front door, courtesy of daughter in law, Sheff Weds supporter. Great gesture.

Anyone going to the square at lunch?

I'd read on social media the first wasn't a penalty but second was stonewall

I've watched them both now expecting to be feeling lucky they didn't get the second one

But the second one I just thought two players collided. If anything the first one was more of a penalty than the second

We deserved to win regardless and their fans know it so who cares really

Lord almighty what a day ...
Anyone who was there yesterday will never forget it . One of the greatest days ever wasn’t it ? Thank you to Rich for sorting it for us.

the boxpark was insane , what a party it was in there before and after the match . On the way to Wembley some bloke on the tube says to me “ ah great you’re going to the match! Me too “ it was Ian Holloway and what an absolute top bloke he was, talked about Cooper and how he wasn’t convinced at first but has maximum respect for him and happy to be proven wrong , his own football career, family , music , everything .
sits down with us for the whole hour journey and then walks with us up Wembley way to the box park where we hugged it out and said goodbye !

in the boxpark they had Andy Reid , Nigel jemson, and Julian Bennett up on stage , Steve chettle was there , party was incredible.

and then Wembley stadium - totally different to watching it on the tv! It was immense in there , BUZZING . The whole day was just incredible wasn’t it lads ??

Yesterday was greatest day in a generation to be a forest fan . Just so grateful to have been there . We took over the whole place yesterday . The noise , the colour , just wow . 5BE21978-4714-4D37-A2D3-5014F6789410.png41C37C2F-A226-4DE2-929B-2F1694DF5A1C.png7165D31A-5CC0-4F53-81E7-6BADB1E61CDD.png

Lots of great summaries here

It really was about emotion. I really expected it to be snatched from us at some point. I expected the bottler forest to make an appearance. And yet I didn't at the same time, because it always felt like it was going to be our day and our season. It has felt like that for a while. You kind of feel each season that it is someone's season. And this felt like ours.

But that brings its own pressure. If not now, then when?

When we scored it was unbelievable. I expected a goal to become absolutely raucus in the stands, but I think a lot of people were like me- couldn't believe it had happened or understand where it had come from.

As you know, I like stats. I'd done some research on these championship playoff finals that I didn't choose to share with you all because it just cranks up the pressure. Generally speaking, first scorers win. And more often than not, first goal wins. Getting that was massive. Our chances went from 50/50 to about 80/20 with that goal.

Second half I kept taking photos of the time on the score board, so if it all went wrong I could remember how close we had been. But the clock kept going and to be honest it flew by

Suddenly it was injury time. I had set my watch for 6 minutes already, guessing that was likely to be the added time but hoping it might be less. It was torture.

Like others, when the final whistle went I couldn't quite believe we had made it. This was actually us celebrating, it was our players going up the stairs. Samba dancing will stay with me forever. The occasion will stay with me forever. What a party

Listening to TalkSport at work and they are pushing one of englands powerhouse clubs is back

makes you proud....will it be a tough season...undoubtedly....will be in relegation mix...possibly

but EM wants to go for trophies....possibly a little caught in the moment but if he backs coops then who knows what we can achieve!

I'd read on social media the first wasn't a penalty but second was stonewall

I've watched them both now expecting to be feeling lucky they didn't get the second one

But the second one I just thought two players collided. If anything the first one was more of a penalty than the second

We deserved to win regardless and their fans know it so who cares really

Thanks. Good to have you back on the site, at this amazing time in our history.