The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century

Chuffed to bits, forced, arm twisted to have a pint or several, but before I do I would like you to look at the Daily Mail and Guardian reports and see how Anti- Forest the are, that's what one of the things we have to fight against next season. Just hope we can prove them all wrong.

Don't mind admitting i cried at the final whistle , a group hug with my two sons aged 19 & 23 who have only ever seen us hit the dizzying heights of mediocrity at best.
Although i was disappointed not to be at Wembley today i'll never forget that moment between us when we won .
So , so happy.
And NLondontree i hope you had an outstanding day mate .:thumbup:

At last I've stopped shaking, still buzzing but stopped shaking. Just got to thinking not just how great it is that we have got there, but how great it is that we have got there with a vibrant team of mostly young players 3 of who have com through the ranks from the academy and with a manger that appears to really understand the club and what it means to supporters

I found it quite an odd experience watching on TV. More surreal than tense. I felt way more tense in the semi against the Blades.

But fucking woo hoo! Kudos to those who were there: the noise rang through.

Please Forest (Marinakis) stay true to these guys who’ve made this happen. Players like Ryan Yates and Joe Worrall deserve a chance to prove themselves in the PL. I would hate to see Forest go nuts and bring twenty players through the door and undermine the unity Cooper has created. Secure the key loan players and bring in 4-5 to raise the quality, but let’s see what these players who’ve given us such pleasure this season can do at the top level.

Said the same to my boys ,we need to keep the core and spirit of the side intact , be great to keep hold of our key players and just introduce 3 or 4 top quality players to the squad.

Don't mind admitting i cried at the final whistle , a group hug with my two sons aged 19 & 23 who have only ever seen us hit the dizzying heights of mediocrity at best.
Although i was disappointed not to be at Wembley today i'll never forget that moment between us when we won .
So , so happy.
And NLondontree i hope you had an outstanding day mate .:thumbup:

Orbs, you’ve had one or two bruises and unjustified, over the top arrests to make those tears understandable! Hope you enjoyed the day mate.

Last edited:
Orbs, you’ve had one or two bruises and unjustified, over the top arrests to make those tears understandable! Hope you enjoyed the day mate.

Cheers mate i've had a great day and like all of us will be buzzing for ages . How exciting is
What a season...... from how it started to promotion and also the added bonus of the cheats down the road getting relegated.

Now drinking copious amounts of cider

Ditto on the cider :thumbup:

I think at least one of their penalty shouts was good and they must be feeling cheated.

but I don’t care! over the season we were the best team in the league and deserve a place in the top flight.

it’s our time and I think we will establish ourselves as a premier league force.

coyr!

Maybe I am just one-eyed and bullish but didn’t really think they had cause to complain. Colback’s one there was clearly no contact: it would have been a ludicrous pen. Lowe’s one was a collision but still think it would be stretching it to call it a clear foul.

Maybe I am just one-eyed and bullish but didn’t really think they had cause to complain. Colback’s one there was clearly no contact: it would have been a ludicrous pen. Lowe’s one was a collision but still think it would be stretching it to call it a clear foul.
They can complain about the decisions but not the result. Even in the second half we looked in control of the game without needing the ball. We just sat tight and dealt with everything.
You can't have zero shots on target and then complain when you lose the game.

The first one was never a penalty; the second was a stonewaller.

Luck evens its self out over a season; it was rather fitting that our balance account for the season was evened out today.