Stadium is looking shabby | Page 31 | Vital Football

Stadium is looking shabby

Well i know Heinz paid out £20 million to name the stadium in Pittsburgh Heinz Field but that was for major league sport in the US so i think if it's commercially viable they may consider it!

Heinz as a separate company no longer have the ability to name a stadium, they extended the 20 year stadium naming rights last year until this summer, Heinz is now part of the Kraft Heinz group and its world HQ is in Chigago not Pittsburg, so there is less chance of that former deal continuing, it certainly won't be a 20 year one as before, this is for the same reasoning as I explained why it would be highly unlikely Kraft Heinz would look at WAFC.

Bet the Wigan Rugby could with its international fan base
Well why don't the parasites build themselves a stadium and recruit a sponsor.
Or if we have them as tenants and the egg games attract an international following on TV we should easily be able to attract a sponsor for our ground. Does internationally mean Lancs, York's, West Cumbria and NSW?

Well why don't the parasites build themselves a stadium and recruit a sponsor.
Or if we have them as tenants and the egg games attract an international following on TV we should easily be able to attract a sponsor for our ground. Does internationally mean Lancs, York's, West Cumbria and NSW?
it was irony

They could redo the seats with seat sponsorship. I'd love a plaque on my seat, under the number, until it needs to be replaced again. Probably wouldn't be that much if its just the plastic that needs replacing. I'd also be happy chipping in to get seats not under a season ticket to get them blue and white, as I'm sure quite a lot of us would.

It could even become an option within the Supporters Fund for a season.

The stadium already has a name. Surely Mr Whelan is paying to have his initials plastered all over the place? Maybe he could be charged rent for having his statue outside the stadium too?

Every little helps...

See the cheap rent is benefiting the squatters. Three wins out of three. Should have Sponsored by Wigan Athletic on their shirts.
Us older ones remember Gladys. Young and old remember Pollard and his disgusting scheming. Get these parasites paying their way or get them out.
Put the rent up more........

Yesterday before the under 23 game. I had a good walk around the stadium it really does look shabby. From out side the entrance to the supporters club bar and the one under the away end are in need of a revamp. I know it’s had a few windows smashed. Need to do something to improve. These areas. Same with the soccer dome on the drive up. Looks dirty and run down. From outside.

It really does need a lot of money spending on it. Apart from a few posters on the out side. It looks like a run down stadium

I disagree. The new owners spent some money jet washing/cleaning the outside before the start of the season and it has made a big visual difference. Internally the seats are somewhat faded but are still functional (and are due for replacement). They even cleaned up the pigeon shit internally and again that made a big difference. Concourses are fine - though it’s a bit odd to have loads of tvs and none working - certainly in the east. Toilets are fine. Can’t comment on the lounges or boxes as I don’t use them but from the press release these are being upgraded.

I do find it a bit odd we've yet to have a new stadium sponsor but our promotion should help with that and is maybe why there is no timetable on seat refurbishment as it’ll perhaps incorporate that. I’ve said it previously but I think some massive banners in the majority of the south for our home games would improve the look and atmosphere on matchdays.

I’m no happy clapper, but overall in their first 12 months our new regime has done a fabulous job so let’s give credit where it’s due.

I disagree. The new owners spent some money jet washing/cleaning the outside before the start of the season and it has made a big visual difference. Internally the seats are somewhat faded but are still functional (and are due for replacement). They even cleaned up the pigeon shit internally and again that made a big difference. Concourses are fine - though it’s a bit odd to have loads of tvs and none working - certainly in the east. Toilets are fine. Can’t comment on the lounges or boxes as I don’t use them but from the press release these are being upgraded.

I do find it a bit odd we've yet to have a new stadium sponsor but our promotion should help with that and is maybe why there is no timetable on seat refurbishment as it’ll perhaps incorporate that. I’ve said it previously but I think some massive banners in the majority of the south for our home games would improve the look and atmosphere on matchdays.

I’m no happy clapper, but overall in their first 12 months our new regime has done a fabulous job so let’s give credit where it’s due.
Out side both bars the one home end that the supporters club use and the away end are awful to look at. Let’s not forget these lot only paid 3 million for lock stock and barrel. Yes bogs are ok food compared to other football clubs is rip off and not very good at all. Bloody Wigan are famous for pies and the one we sell are crap