Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December | Page 30 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December

Luiz has to be dropped and Sanson given a game.

I simply can not understand Luiz. Occasionally he has a terrific game but most of the time he is pants. Perhaps he is playing his PlayStation until 5am most mornings?

I do think Sanson has to be given a chance. Nakja is a nailed on defensive mid now. What we need is somebody to join up the play and take the ball from Nakka and feed Buendia and McGinn. I think Sanson could be that man and hopefully, the midfield will click

Chuffed that we won and even more chuffed that we won having gone one down. Thought we were poor in the first half , couldn't keep the ball for toffee but loved the second half and really we should have put the game to bed and avoided a very stressful last 10 minutes.

Marvellous and SJM were superb and that was a worldie save from Emi.

Interesting to see that we scored from TWO set pieces today which again justifies the work McPhee must be doing despite some scepticism in some parts.

Oh and Michael Oliver. If you are supposed to be one of our best refs , then words really do fail me.

I simply can not understand Luiz. Occasionally he has a terrific game but most of the time he is pants. Perhaps he is playing his PlayStation until 5am most mornings?

I do think Sanson has to be given a chance. Nakja is a nailed on defensive mid now. What we need is somebody to join up the play and take the ball from Nakka and feed Buendia and McGinn. I think Sanson could be that man and hopefully, the midfield will click

Already said it but he's got a bit of a Sid Cowans look about him to me - calm and collected, not in a hurry to get rid of the ball unlike some, can obviously pass the ball.

Very short cameos so far but could be a superb complement to SJM and Marv as you say - I've never rated Luiz and his time is well and truly up imo.

Last edited:

Luiz was average at best today (thought it was actually better by his standards), Buendia though overall was shocking. Keeps giving it away so cheaply and putting us under pressure. Bit of arms flailing again today and blaming anyone but himself

It’s so refreshing to see a management team on the sideline see what going on and make tactical changes. I underrated SG’s leadership in this regard, he’s either seeing it himself or using the experience around him, to make some great tweaks in games.

Barnes is a very good player, if we can keep going the right way, hopefully we can attract players like him from decent clubs in the same league.

Fabulous win, so pleased, and if we'd taken our chances........

Such a strange first half, they were looking so disconnected, like they were playing statues. But still looked like a perfectly good second goal (watching F1 now home - don't know result so no one mention it!) before seeing the incidents from the match.

All in all, chuffing delighted.

These are the ratings from Sky. Can't believe that Buendia has a higher rating than Nakamba.

Aston Villa: Martinez (8), Cash (7), Konsa (8), Mings (6), Young (7), Luiz (7), Nakamba (7), Buendia (8), McGinn (8), Ramsey (7), Watkins (7).

(watching F1 now home - don't know result so no one mention it!) before seeing the incidents from the match.

Priority is not F1, it’s updating the Prediction League

I AM (joint) TOP OF THE LEAGUE, SAY I AM (joint) TOP OF THE LEAGUE. WHO ARE YA

Interesting comments from Gerrard after the game about some players either not buying into it or not up to it yet. He’s clearly demanding and has high standards. And Ramsay saying the training is more intense and the standard higher. WTF were they doing before!??

Getting into Bodymoor at midday and playing PlayStation til 2am. No wonder we looked lethargic at times