Watford-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Watford-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

Sky
Player Ratings
Man City: Ederson (7), Walker (7), Dias (7), Laporte (6), Cancelo (7), Gundogan (8), Rodri (7), Bernardo Silva (8), Sterling (8), Grealish (6), Foden (8)

Subs: Mahrez (6), De Bruyne (6), Jesus (6)

Man of the match: Raheem Sterling (Man City
I know Flash missed a few good chances, but a 6 is a bit harsh. He did pretty well as a CF after coming back from injury

I need to see the first half but based on the second I am not convinced Sterling deserved an 8 🤔

His was a good goal in the first half but I do agree, he’s not a team player.
He took his goal well but then seemed focused solely upon reaching the 100 PL goal milestone at the expense of his team mates. :confused:
He has had some tremendous patches fror us but I find myself increasingly frustrated by his lack of precision, poor close ball control and tendency to take the pill too close to opponents and lose possession. Yesterday his poor decision making in choosing himself over team mates could have been costly and he should ask the club analysts for details of his work rate compared to that of Bernardo Silva……I think he would see Bernardo runs twice as far, makes better recovery runs, has a better pass completion and tracks back far more effectively.

Even in the run up to his goal yesterday when he received Cancelo’s cross field pass…..his poor first touch meant he immediately lost possession. I contrast that to how Bernardo or Mahrez or Foden would have controlled that ball. Now the Watford player immediately gave the ball back to Walker and the resulting move created the goal…….but that poor decision that weak touch and lack of precision drives me :silly:

Bernardo Silva has the highest winning % (77%) of ANY player who has played over 100 games in the PL. :bow: 112 wins from 145 appearances.

In fact City players occupy 4 out of the top 5 places.

The others are Ederson & Gabby Jesus (76%) and Gundogan (75%).

Outstanding.

Bernardo Silva has the highest winning % (77%) of ANY player who has played over 100 games in the PL. :bow: 112 wins from 145 appearances.

In fact City players occupy 4 out of the top 5 places.

The others are Ederson & Gabby Jesus (76%) and Gundogan (75%).

Outstanding.

that's a wow even though they keep finding ways of degrading us.

His was a good goal in the first half but I do agree, he’s not a team player.

I think he is trying to put himself in the shop window or it simply means that the more games he plays the better he gets, I think a few yesterday were guilty of shooting from difficult angles instead of passing to players in better positions