Nick's Vin du Jour | Vital Football

Nick's Vin du Jour

Nick Real Deal

Vital Football Legend
Mud House New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2020. Asda on roll back £ 7.50 normally £ 10.00.
Quite complex with some fruit but enough acidity to balance it. Very drinkable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniels Drift, South African Sauvignon Blanc 2020 Marks and Spencer £ 5.50. Quite interesting with a subtle start but a surprise kick in the taste buds finish. Good value.

Coop Italian Soave 2020. £ 4.70. Light and refreshing. Drier than I expected, meant to have a hint of Almond but I couldn't detect it. I had with a Moules Marinere starter and it complimented well. For the price quite surprisingly drinkable..

I didn't put my name in the title by the way, it was not meant to be an exclusive thread, although it became one. A cheeky mod added my name to the original Vin du Jour.

I didn't put my name in the title by the way, it was not meant to be an exclusive thread, although it became one. A cheeky mod added my name to the original Vin du Jour.

You're doing such a good job. I was hoping you’d move onto a Chianti or two. Perhaps a Rioja and some west coast Pinot’s. McManis makes an especially good Petit Syrah. And for the carnivores amongst us don’t forget California Cabs.

I haven’t been called cheeky in years

I tried to steer my wife away from her Soave love affair to no avail. So far Asda has the top slot with its pleasing after kick twang. Tesco was too bland for me but still drinkable and only £ 4.75.

I reiterate, this thread did not have my name in the title and is not meant to. It was intended to be a place for wine experiences by all posters. The title was changed without consultation or consent by a moderator. It's not about me.

Welmoed Sauvignon Blanc 2021 South Africa from Coop. About 7 quid.

Plenty going on to challenge the taste bids especially lingering after kick.

Last edited:
I reiterate, this thread did not have my name in the title and is not meant to. It was intended to be a place for wine experiences by all posters. The title was changed without consultation or consent by a moderator. It's not about me.

Probably 80 winding you up. Aha.

I'm having some red in a bit will let you know...

M&S Daniels Drift South African Sauvignon Blanc Fair-trade. 2020. Strong nose, zesty to the limit almost lemon 🍋. But bracing and certainly wakes up the taste buds. Had with a cod mornay, downed quickly, had to top up.

I was honouring you with your own thread. If you can't take a compliment...............

I don't want my own thread. It's for everyone to let us all know about new wine experiences. It's not about me. I can see why you changed it because I was the only fecker contributing but it takes time to get threads going sometimes, especially on off topic and not Good Fricking Morning !!

Even this thread the chuckle brothers tried to cheapen with weak jokes and a like response. I try to bring refinement and taste to the forum and those two have to spoil it with Philistine comment.

I was planning on sharing my experiences to show off just how much of a wine connoisseur I am but alas, this thread is just for Nick. I guess I'll have to stick to reading then.

I was planning on sharing my experiences to show off just how much of a wine connoisseur I am but alas, this thread is just for Nick. I guess I'll have to stick to reading then.

Exactly, 80 sabotaged it by changing the title out of spite. The original title was Vin de Jour without my name. 80 cunningly abused his powers to insert my name. Its disgraceful manipulation of my intention to make the thread about wine, not me.

Exactly, 80 sabotaged it by changing the title out of spite. The original title was Vin de Jour without my name. 80 cunningly abused his powers to insert my name. Its disgraceful manipulation of my intention to make the thread about wine, not me.

Even this thread the chuckle brothers tried to cheapen with weak jokes and a like response. I try to bring refinement and taste to the forum and those two have to spoil it with Philistine comment.

Being a little dramatic aren't we? I put your name there because I thought you were doing a great job, much like your other positive contributions.