Where's the Match Thread you sick freaks? | Page 8 | Vital Football

Where's the Match Thread you sick freaks?

Whilst I agree with you that defensively he's a liability, the one thing that he can do is cross a ball. Like a lot of players, I think he would be a better player if he were more confident.
Hopefully, Tutu is back soon.
He seems to have a decent cross, but one all game isn't a worth keeping him on for 90 minutes. Tutu looked like a decent player, just hope he can stay fit but I can't see it.

Better second half, a game of nearly's for us as we just couldn't quite get on the end of things as Warburton would have said fine margins, but they had several good chances good job they couldn't shoot straight. Worrall excellent everyone else OK ish even Bong. We really do need more creativity and more up front, it looks like case of trying to stay in touch until January and see what the recruitment team can come up with.

I thought Bong was utterly utterly woeful. I deliberately tried to ignore his past so that I wasn’t being biased.. but I’m not. He is absolutely useless. He put one superb cross in but other than that;

nearly headed a through ball for them, gave the ball away countless times - one of which nearly cost us if not for Worrall. Aimless punts up the line and absolutely ambling only to play a sideways pass when we had the chance to break. Compare him to Spence and you realise that duplicating that right side threat to the left could have got us 3 points. Duplicating that left side to the right and we’d have probably lost.

Thought Garner had a great game - really up for it and showing signs of his quality like he did in his first spell. Samba good again and Worrall man of the match.

The attacking players just aren’t clinical enough at finding a killer pass or route to goal, which is becoming a problem in recent weeks. I think we’re crying out for an Andy Reid type number 10 who can split a pass to the forwards.

Overall it’s not a bad point but a frustrating one given the circumstances.

I thought Cooper’s comments post-match were spot on and in a sense his frustration was a measure of how far we’ve come. Interesting to hear him talk about how he saw an opportunity to disrupt their build up play by pressing the back three. But it doesn’t feel like any combination of players up front at the moment is quite coming off. Surely it’s worth giving Carvalho a few minutes at some point.

Last edited:
In a lot of ways this game was the inverse of Tuesday I felt.

On Tuesday we were the stronger team and the most likely to win until the sending off, after which things swung more the other way- but not totally.

Yesterday was similar; the teams were far more mismatched in quality, but the sending off made the game even with us having several genuine chances to win.

It's a fantastic point away at one of the top sides.

Yes, we want to be picking up wins here and there, but we are picking up points every game. Only one win in six after Cooper's great start, but NO defeats; we are moving forward every game. In those six we have played QPR, Sheffield United, West Brom plus a couple of City Ground bogey teams- Preston and Luton.

We have a nice run of winnable games right up to January now. None will be easy, but even the likes of Boro and Milwall away are winnable.

Our big problem is that early success was based on a fantastic pairing if wingbacks and they are gone now; by the a time Lowe returns from injury, Spence will be gone.

Mr Murphy needs to do a hell of a lot better in the January window if we are going to keep our season going. Nearly half way through and our permanent signings have 207 minutes between them. Let's hope he's not still stuck in the extended honeymoon period where he doesn't have to do his job. Let's hope he has two replacement wingbacks lined up, and preferably some we can actually own at some point rather than borrow.

Still, half way to the safety mark now with less than half the season gone; delighted with that

Wozza finally performed too. He was outstanding last night and looked every bit the £10m+ player on the other hand McKenna looked dreadfully clumsy. They must take it in turns on Berts fiery radish wine. We all know its in limited supply but @Redchops is working on that and we should have a very strong April, weather permitting

I thought Bong was utterly utterly woeful. I deliberately tried to ignore his past so that I wasn’t being biased.. but I’m not. He is absolutely useless. He put one superb cross in but other than that;

nearly headed a through ball for them, gave the ball away countless times - one of which nearly cost us if not for Worrall. Aimless punts up the line and absolutely ambling only to play a sideways pass when we had the chance to break. Compare him to Spence and you realise that duplicating that right side threat to the left could have got us 3 points. Duplicating that left side to the right and we’d have probably lost.

Thought Garner had a great game - really up for it and showing signs of his quality like he did in his first spell. Samba good again and Worrall man of the match.

The attacking players just aren’t clinical enough at finding a killer pass or route to goal, which is becoming a problem in recent weeks. I think we’re crying out for an Andy Reid type number 10 who can split a pass to the forwards.

Overall it’s not a bad point but a frustrating one given the circumstances.

Garner had to cover Bong on more than one occasion. He's dogshit and I would rather see ORF at left back than him

Maybe we should have done better with a man more on the pitch, but WBA gave up and concentrated to not conceded. Did the substitutions work? Maybe Lolley did a bit more than Zink, but not much. On the other hand Mighten has gone backwards. I think it's better if we remained with three at the back, replaced Bong with a more forward mind player and gave more freedom to Spence. By going 4 at the back, practically we lost Spence, as there was no one covering him when venturing forward.
The midfield was coping well even before the sending off. A more attacking full back nd moving Grabban in the centre that's what we should have done.
Anyway, a good point at a difficult ground. Not many teams come away from the Hawthorns with a point.
A point to worry about, goals have dried up.

Erm if you go back a few pips, ingy had already suggested an extra man.

Totally agree.

Think i am the only one who is less worried about goals. I think yesterday was more due to weather and how we set up. We are creating chances but i wish we could be more clinical.

Credit to Cooper for the job he’s done at Forest (and Murphy for appointing him). One defeat in 13 after being in the depths of despair and no hope under Hughton.

The best you can say about the performance was that it was gritty. I imagine most of us are delighted to get a point at WBA, but not Cooper, he wanted the win. He was clearly disappointed. He rightly said we should have showed more belief and intensity, particularly in the first half. Also, our passing was average at best and we must improve if we are to progress. He has raised Forest’s standards such that we are genuinely looking upwards now, towards the top 6. I was delighted to see Mighton replace Figuerido immediately after the sending off; we wouldn’t have seen that under CH. Brilliant.

Erm if you go back a few pips, ingy had already suggested an extra man.

Totally agree.

Think i am the only one who is less worried about goals. I think yesterday was more due to weather and how we set up. We are creating chances but i wish we could be more clinical.
I still think that the present team has reached it's high point and won't / can't that extra step until we get a proper more dynamic centre forward than Grabban

I still think that the present team has reached it's high point and won't / can't that extra step until we get a proper more dynamic centre forward than Grabban
You won't get a better or more dynamic forward than Grabban unless we get exceptionally lucky or grow our own.

Grabban was £6m and worth every penny. We don't look willing to pay that again. We seem willing to temporarily borrow someone else's forward or to get poor ones on frees for a bit