New manager in already | Page 5 | Vital Football

New manager in already

I think i should have read this before I posted Bully
1st rule of forums read them in chronological order
2nd rule read them all before commenting ( I’m guilty of not doing rule 2 quite often but never rule 1)

edit rule 2 refers to posts in one thread not all the unread threads

Last edited:
2nd rule read them all before commenting ( I’m guilty of not doing rule 2 quite often but never rule 1)

Yeah but at least I held my hands up. 😉 It is frustrating I know, I've seen posts and even new threads started almost identical to my own earlier posts even in the past week but I do sympathise with people. Sometimes reading all posts even just in one thread is so fooking tedious especially when people are basically saying the same thing over and over again or arguing. That's why I wouldn't want to mod a forum again. 6 years did my head in, I don't know how you keep going pal.

Tha getting more like a DICtator every day on here Wyatt Earp.:LOL: UTB

I appreciate that this won't be an opinion shared by many but the club was better ran by McCabe. Of course, he had his failures and like all chairman made bad decisions (at times) but he did help get us out of the mess that had been left over by the Italians and McDonald before him. I doubt that Mccabe would buy the club back now anyways as he would have sold it onto the lot who bought Burnley had he won the court case.

I appreciate that this won't be an opinion shared by many but the club was better ran by McCabe. Of course, he had his failures and like all chairman made bad decisions (at times) but he did help get us out of the mess that had been left over by the Italians and McDonald before him. I doubt that Mccabe would buy the club back now anyways as he would have sold it onto the lot who bought Burnley had he won the court case.

It was McCabe who brought the Prince to the club - with the intention of screwing him, he had Bryan Robson trying to flog us all across the world. Yesterday was no worse than McCabe's shenanigans of 10/11, which led to over half a decade of being in the football wilderness. Then there's all the players he sold for a fraction of their true value. Oh, and did I mention his conduct after he lost in court.

After sleeping on it I'm not as angry with yesterday's events as I was. If the aim is to develop players and improve the players we have Heckingbottom, as underwhelming as he is, is more qualified to do that than Jokanovic. Lamenting Jokanovic's departure is lamenting what could have been, because the football he was offering up was naive and for much of the time turgid.

I'm hoping to see a reaction from the players this Sunday, god only knows they owe it to the club. You see we didn't actually 'do our homework on players' and 'we won't do deals that put the club at financial risk' was a big lie. Now we deal with the consequences.

IF, big IF of course, we stick to the plan to develop our own talent-AND KEEP IT-yesterday could be the start of a realistic and fruitful period in SUFC's history.It seems we now have a long term plan, a first in my recall

I thought Hecky spoke very well and liked his tone when talking about this season not being over and pushing for promotion.
The proof of the pudding will be in attitude, commitment and bottle showed on the pitch.
Like it or lump it,either every player's form fell off a cliff simultaneously OR they went playing for Slav and, if so, they should be ashamed of themselves but that , to me, is the stark reality.

If Hecky can get them playing for him as they did towards the end of the disaster season we may well be in for a big surprise.

After the initial knee jerk fuelled by the contrived editing of the press conference remarks I have a degree of optimism . It seems as though the football people are going to be in charge of the football- hardly revolutionary but how often does that happen at any club ? Investment is still being sought, there is a plan, there is a future and if he does nothing else ever the Prince did see off the biggest brake on progress the club ever had.

It was McCabe who brought the Prince to the club - with the intention of screwing him, he had Bryan Robson trying to flog us all across the world. Yesterday was no worse than McCabe's shenanigans of 10/11, which led to over half a decade of being in the football wilderness. Then there's all the players he sold for a fraction of their true value. Oh, and did I mention his conduct after he lost in court.

After sleeping on it I'm not as angry with yesterday's events as I was. If the aim is to develop players and improve the players we have Heckingbottom, as underwhelming as he is, is more qualified to do that than Jokanovic. Lamenting Jokanovic's departure is lamenting what could have been, because the football he was offering up was naive and for much of the time turgid.

I'm hoping to see a reaction from the players this Sunday, god only knows they owe it to the club. You see we didn't actually 'do our homework on players' and 'we won't do deals that put the club at financial risk' was a big lie. Now we deal with the consequences.
Biased report mate. No one brings in a partner (lawyered up) and tries to do them.
The Prince wasn't rich and Mr McCabe had nothing to gain IMO....I thin he found him out.

Although sad to see Slav go it’s probably the right option as we weren’t prepared or more likely weren’t in a position to see his vision through I know it wasn’t good right now but that seems to be the way it goes until he gets the players he wants,it’s no good lamenting what could have been it’s history, I agree that with the direction we have decided to take hecky is the better option still not convinced on the length of contract but it signals intent to see this through which tbh apart from the top ten in the country should be everyones blueprint it will be interesting to see the reaction from the players like has been said they owe us and the club big time and some should be worried for their place with some youngsters not far off challenging for the 1st team squad. It sounds like some will have to go in jan and I’m sure we will take a hit on some but what I would like to see is the 2 come back from Belgium and depending on who leaves in jan then maybe jebbison back if we lose a couple of strikers, a number of the youngsters are exciting prospects I liked slater but he seems to have gone off the boil brookes and neal excite me for the future with brunt in front of these and the 2 centre halves both are promising and its possible this new direction sends a message to all of them there is a pathway that leads to the 1st team and so may bring that little bit extra out of them it must be soul destroying if you can’t see any way forward

Biased report mate. No one brings in a partner (lawyered up) and tries to do them.
The Prince wasn't rich and Mr McCabe had nothing to gain IMO....I thin he found him out.

So in that case McCabe's guilty of an unprofessional and reckless lack of due diligence ? The court found McCabe out - long after the majority of the fanbase did.

That would be the McCabe that admitted to meeting him in an airport lounge and ENCOURAGING him to come on board.
Come on Chips, there's only one biased comment and you know it's yours.
As for not being'lawyered up' do you really think that transferring 50% of the ownership of a multi million £ busines is like swapping a few marbles with your mates. That's naive and disingenuous of you.Did McC come 'lawyered up' too? Of course he did.
Did McC's lawyers do as well as his? Of course not because, when push came to shove, he LOST the court case he had brought into the relationship as he trid to shaft the prince.

Now the logic- if McC had 'nothing to gain' then why give him half the club? Did he want a mate to chat to? Wanted a few more in the boardroom to fill a few spare seats? Going for a bit of cultural diversity? Looking to exploit someone?- tick for that one as proved by susequent events.

As for the 'thin he found him out' comment it was the other way round, it was the Prince who found out McC as the decision in the court case by the 'no bigger Blade' proved.Then there was his behaviour after losing the court case.Sill 'no bigger Blade' then??

It's one thing to support someone, it's pathetic, puerile and totally implausible to try to deny the facts of the matter that are on public record.

So in that case McCabe's guilty of an unprofessional and reckless lack of due diligence ? The court found McCabe out - long after the majority of the fanbase did.
I don't disagree he should have known better but I've yet to accpet the Prince is our man.....how about you?

That would be the McCabe that admitted to meeting him in an airport lounge and ENCOURAGING him to come on board.
Come on Chips, there's only one biased comment and you know it's yours.
As for not being'lawyered up' do you really think that transferring 50% of the ownership of a multi million £ busines is like swapping a few marbles with your mates. That's naive and disingenuous of you.Did McC come 'lawyered up' too? Of course he did.
Did McC's lawyers do as well as his? Of course not because, when push came to shove, he LOST the court case he had brought into the relationship as he trid to shaft the prince.

Now the logic- if McC had 'nothing to gain' then why give him half the club? Did he want a mate to chat to? Wanted a few more in the boardroom to fill a few spare seats? Going for a bit of cultural diversity? Looking to exploit someone?- tick for that one as proved by susequent events.

As for the 'thin he found him out' comment it was the other way round, it was the Prince who found out McC as the decision in the court case by the 'no bigger Blade' proved.Then there was his behaviour after losing the court case.Sill 'no bigger Blade' then??

It's one thing to support someone, it's pathetic, puerile and totally implausible to try to deny the facts of the matter that are on public record.
TT you told me you had done with discussing our opposing view on Mr McCabe but here you are again mate.

We both know all the arguments and let's just differ shall we?
If you are right then the Prince will take us forward, wont he TT and then I'll apologise (I do hope you are right mate)?

TT you told me you had done with discussing our opposing view on Mr McCabe but here you are again mate.

We both know all the arguments and let's just differ shall we?
If you are right then the Prince will take us forward, wont he TT and then I'll apologise (I do hope you are right mate)?
When anyone posts something factually inaccurate I will continue to post about it Chips, that's what I did when you stated that McC found the prince out.
The court case proves it was the other way round.
We have differing opinions of his 'value' to SUFC and I,as stated, will not go round that same circle with you but facts are facts.That's why I commented.

When anyone posts something factually inaccurate I will continue to post about it Chips, that's what I did when you stated that McC found the prince out.
The court case proves it was the other way round.
We have differing opinions of his 'value' to SUFC and I,as stated, will not go round that same circle with you but facts are facts.That's why I commented.
OK TT but later on don't complain about me, please.
I don't know if you are right about the Prince and I could be wrong....fair enough?

OK TT but later on don't complain about me, please.
I don't know if you are right about the Prince and I could be wrong....fair enough?
If you need further proof ask the ruling High Court judge.
As for 'complaining' about you/your posts I, again reiterate (is that a tort?) my above point about factual accuracy.

I have not claimed to be right or wong about the prince in these posts. I have simply pointed out your factual inaccuracy.

If you need further proof ask the ruling High Court judge.
As for 'complaining' about you/your posts I, again reiterate (is that a tort?) my above point about factual accuracy.

I have not claimed to be right or wong about the prince in these posts. I have simply pointed out your factual inaccuracy.
No TT you blame Mr McCabe and I don't...that is all we both need to know.
I do not blame the Prince for being our owner but the club would have been £50m
better off if Mr McCabe had won.....just my own opinion TT. He could still be a good owner but I'll keep my powder dry.

No TT you blame Mr McCabe and I don't...that is all we both need to know.
I do not blame the Prince for being our owner but the club would have been £50m
better off if Mr McCabe had won.....just my own opinion TT. He could still be a good owner but I'll keep my powder dry.
Not engaging with you on opinion, not even expressing an opinion.
Just facts as described repeatedly above.
HE LOST THE COURT CASE -can't make it any simpler than that.