New manager in already | Page 2 | Vital Football

New manager in already

Macca back at BDBL, hopefully he'll be a better assistant than he has been a manager. Oh well it'll be interesting to see how the crowd reacts on Sunday. I suppose we'll be able to tell what Hecky says in his interviews,but i'm a bit surprised at this news but a lot of fans were starting to turn against the manager/club.How long before we hear the Hecky out he's out of his depth comments? Another surprise is the length of the contract 2025,but of course that dunt mean he'll be here then or even next season. UTB
I’ve just posted somat I wrote similar half an hour ago but had to take a call it just convinces me they havent a clue surely the better option was a couple of yrs with option to extend then if/when it does go pear shaped it doesn’t cost half as much to get rid even CW didn’t get a 5 yr contract and his record is light yrs ahead of heckys who‘s done nowt at every club he’s been at

So, a return to overlapping CBs then? Bash can still do it on the right and Davies has the attributes to be able to pick it up on the left. I'd go back to the 3-4-1-2 formation, with Gibbs-White doing the free "Duffy" role behind two forwards. Playing one up front doesn't suit us at all.

With that in mind, this is the current state of the squad:

Olsen/Foderingham/Verrips

Basham/Gordan Egan/Lopata Davies/Robinson

Baldock/Bogle Stevens/Norrington-Davies

Berge/Norwood/Guedioura Fleck/Hourihane/Osborn

Gibbs-White/Ndiaye/Freeman

Sharp/Brewster/Burke Didzy/McBurnie/Mousset

Surely that is good enough to push for the play-offs with 27 games to go, even from this position?

So, a return to overlapping CBs then? Bash can still do it on the right and Davies has the attributes to be able to pick it up on the left. I'd go back to the 3-4-1-2 formation, with Gibbs-White doing the free "Duffy" role behind two forwards. Playing one up front doesn't suit us at all.

With that in mind, this is the current state of the squad:

Olsen/Foderingham/Verrips

Basham/Gordan Egan/Lopata Davies/Robinson

Baldock/Bogle Stevens/Norrington-Davies

Berge/Norwood/Guedioura Fleck/Hourihane/Osborn

Gibbs-White/Ndiaye/Freeman

Sharp/Brewster/Burke Didzy/McBurnie/Mousset

Surely that is good enough to push for the play-offs with 27 games to go, even from this position?

I am pretty certain from that lot you won't see Fleck again, and in january I imagine Olsen, Robinson, Berge, Freeman, Burke will go as may McPub. There won't be any fees paid for replacements and Heck will be expected to promote half a dozen kids to make up the numbers.

One thing in heckys favour is he’s out of the firing line the prince has gone and stood right in front of the bullseye and made himself the no1 target so the pressure is off him to an extent,and it sounds like a sensible appointment in that he knows the club etc but his record as a no1 is bloody awful
I just hope he gives the youth a chance like he did last yr

This news came as no great surprise - thanks for the heads-up Bully.
Personally, I like Hecky and consider his (and Jack Lester’s) work at the Academy to be excellent. With regards to McCall, I can only hope he is like Knilly - no success as a manager, but great as a number 2.
Finally, my great (somewhat forlorn) hope is that the players and fans give him a chance. Let’s have tremendous support for the lad and avoid the usual moaning and groaning after a bad result.
Best of luck Hecky - as others have said - you are going to need it - but given time and a modicum of support from the Board, I have every hope you will materially improve the team.

I am pretty certain from that lot you won't see Fleck again, and in january I imagine Olsen, Robinson, Berge, Freeman, Burke will go as may McPub. There won't be any fees paid for replacements and Heck will be expected to promote half a dozen kids to make up the numbers.
I’ll be honest and say I wouldn’t be sad to see any of them go maybe Freeman but don’t know how many chances he wants and I’d be more than happy to see Olsen and berk leave
i didn’t include fleck in that but if he comes back if he doesn’t improve then time for him to move on too main thing is he gets well first though

Even if they all leave, we still should have enough to be further up the table. Coventry have been in the top six all season and they just looked like a hard-working team with limited ability last Saturday. We were poor in that game, but should have won it. We have huge room to improve. I suspect that Coventry don't have that many extra gears they can find from their squad.

This is SUFC embarking on the Barcelona formula.

Every team plays the same style throughout the club so players can slot in from any age group.Hecky's well versed in the style so it's a logicl move.
Slav was just a hiccup and going his way meant changing the squad extensively and expensively.

Now everyone's come to their senses and we've installed the continuity manager.

We're back on track. Enjoy the ride:wahey:

One thing in heckys favour is he’s out of the firing line the prince has gone and stood right in front of the bullseye and made himself the no1 target so the pressure is off him to an extent,and it sounds like a sensible appointment in that he knows the club etc but his record as a no1 is bloody awful
I just hope he gives the youth a chance like he did last yr

He did get promotion with Barnsley - before making the mistake of going to Leeds under the wrong owner at the wrong time. Don’t know what happened at Hibs, but “big” Scottish clubs are always struggling to compete with the really big two. I never predict anything in football, so am quite willing, but with some optimism, to see how all this pans out.

This is SUFC embarking on the Barcelona formula.

Every team plays the same style throughout the club so players can slot in from any age group.Hecky's well versed in the style so it's a logicl move.
Slav was just a hiccup and going his way meant changing the squad extensively and expensively.

Now everyone's come to their senses and we've installed the continuity manager.

We're back on track. Enjoy the ride:wahey:

Brilliant.

He did get promotion with Barnsley - before making the mistake of going to Leeds under the wrong owner at the wrong time. Don’t know what happened at Hibs, but “big” Scottish clubs are always struggling to compete with the really big two. I never predict anything in football, so am quite willing, but with some optimism, to see how all this pans out.
He sank like a stone at hibs m8 and it wasn’t a case of not challenging the top 2 they were with the bottom dwellers which hubs certainly shouldn’t be there was rejoicing in the streets of Edinburgh when they parted company
i think we all start out with optimism the new broom can sweep away the cobwebs here’s hoping 🙏

If anyone was in any doubt this lot haven’t got a scooby then this should clinch it
i can assure you he will be judged on what happens on a matchday and you will listen when fans show their displeasure either with their voice or feet
wtf has happened to our football club 🙈

Like a chef not being bothered about the meal being hot when served but saying it was prepared well.

Maybe we should invest in a PR depaartment with more than 1 brain cell