Nottingham Forest V Luton town sponsored by Thermos | Page 8 | Vital Football

Nottingham Forest V Luton town sponsored by Thermos

Unbalanced side today (maybe due to injuries and suspensions).

Johnson, Zinc, Lolley - all players who can run at defenders, maybe not players who can tackle back effectively. So we need midfielders who can win the ball and set these runners free.

Maybe we missed Yates. Hard for Ojeda to shine on his debut, but looked very good. Garner didn't quite do enough and Colback was handed the short straw of filling in at LB.

Once the ref sent Colback off and gave them a pen, a draw was a great achievement.

they were a big strong championship team, thought they were well organized. someone already said it, but with hugton we were less than the sum of our parts, we are now equal so a solid championship team. we miss grabban when he doesn't play for all his faults

Last edited:
A reminder tonight that Cooper still has work to do.

Luton kept us at arms length for most of 90 minutes. A few flashes of hope, but hardly a shot on target. Taylor was poor.

You need to win some home games to go up. Our home record is still shocking. Apart from the first 5 minutes this never looked like changing.

I think that’s the first time I’ve been disappointed with Cooper’s choices of subs tonight.
I agree chap.If Cooper has no confidence in Bong to start him, shown by playing another player from the start out of position instead, then he shouldn't bother putting him on the bench. Colback should not be playing full back when we have other full backs in the squad as he is too important in that central role for us. This was a reality check though for us showing that we are reliant on a few members of the squad of which we don't own a number of them. However I wonder where we would be now if Hughton was still in charge ? No complaints in team effort and the work Cooper has done since taking over the manager role as we have to remember where we were after 7 games.

With Taylor, if you aren't going to whip it across the area for him to tap in at the far post, you might as well not bother. That is his game- a far post predator. He has a few other goals in his locker, nearly scored one today- but that's his forte.

How are Luton above us? They're shit.

Special mentions to Lolley Jonno and Worrall. All three decided to save themselves for Friday.

The number 11 bullied the shit out of Wozza. Lolley bottled every 50/50 and I didn't realise Jonno was even on the field for 38 mins.

Fan favourite Bong, did a good job when he came on, defensively that is.

New lad showed some decent touches unlike Garner who was a bit of an headless chicken at times.

Changes again due to a shambolic referee.

COYRs

With Taylor, if you aren't
going to whip it across the area for him to tap in at the far post, you might as well not bother. That is his game- a far post predator. He has a few other goals in his locker, nearly scored one today- but that's his forte.

II thought the ball stuck to him well and he didn't keep falling over. He got nothing from the ref.

ZInk penalty was stonewall. Not seen the replay, but it looked like he was at least 4ft inside the box.

I agree chap.If Cooper has no confidence in Bong to start him, shown by playing another player from the start out of position instead, then he shouldn't bother putting him on the bench. Colback should not be playing full back when we have other full backs in the squad as he is too important in that central role for us. This was a reality check though for us showing that we are reliant on a few members of the squad of which we don't own a number of them. However I wonder where we would be now if Hughton was still in charge ? No complaints in team effort and the work Cooper has done since taking over the manager role as we have to remember where we were after 7 games.

Agree and said as.much b4 the game but i think it was always gonna be difficult due to lack of depth in parts of the squad. After the sending off poor old coops was stuffed. On the plus side he did well to get ojeda on the pitch.

How are Luton above us? They're shit.

Special mentions to Lolley Jonno and Worrall. All three decided to save themselves for Friday.

The number 11 bullied the shit out of Wozza. Lolley bottled every 50/50 and I didn't realise Jonno was even on the field for 38 mins.

Fan favourite Bong, did a good job when he came on, defensively that is.

New lad showed some decent touches unlike Garner who was a bit of an headless chicken at times.

Changes again due to a shambolic referee.

COYRs

Apart from the luton are shit bit. Think they are bog standard mid table but they set up to frustrate us and did it well. Another team that seems to have realised if BJ doesnt have the ball he disappears.

Agree completely how can he continue to put Bong on bench then not trust him to play from start if required to. If Lowe is going to be out for 8 weeks as per your other post then we need a medium to long term solution, which isn't to play Colback there. Given a run in the team Bong may improve, or dare I say it what is jenkinson doing with himself apart from picking up a huge wage for doing nothing. Some serious thinking and decision making for Coops & his coaching staff

disappointed again tbh. yes we got a point down to 10 men but i think we got it wrong today. i've moaned about colback plenty but feel a bit sorry for him being asked to play LB again.

obviously the ref screwed us.

well done to ojeda who didnt look out of place. another quiet night for BJ

again not a disaster but we won't be going up that table anytime soon. we've been laughing at the sheep for a threadbare squad but when it comes to LB we are in the same position.

oh well, maybe friday can bring something

I have a feeling Cooper is trying to be clever at the moment.

Why suddenly change from a solid looking 3 4 3 to a very flakey looking 4 2 3 1?

He is exposing our weaknesses at the back, particularly at full back and the midfield does not look anywhere near as dominant.

The timing for this change is just in time for the new year sales.

Cooper is probably sending Murphy a message and highlighting how threadbare the squad is, 'you have had a taste of what we can do, if you want some more, buy me some players"

We are certainly not out of a play off push, and the closer we get the more pressure there will be to get there; we need to strengthen just to have an outside chance though.

Well Forest TV that is a piss poor effort of game highlights .
Showed all Lutons but not Forests ...bizarre.
What about the contentious moments concerning our penalty appeals ?

He does need to to back the 3 at the back, lwb is a problem shame Tutu was a crock as he'd be perfect back up. Johnson seems to get a lot less involved when we play 4 at the back, looked knackered last knight problem should have taken him off.

No real rest period before WBA coops will have to work some magic to get them back into gear, just gone a bit flat.

Felt there was several problems with yesterday’s performance. Not all gloom as we were just beginning to get upper hand when ref intervenes.

Playing Colback as LB unbalances side. Weakens our attacking options on left and also midfield. Playing two CB’s psychologically means two fullbacks are conscious of being out of position and don’t push on as much when 3 at back. Result is three attacking midfielders are isolated. Felt Lolley, BJ and Zincs did very little. With no fullbacks pushing on the two wide players do not get close enough to central striker. Taylor was a lone and frustrated figure.

Mao comment re sending a message to Murphy is valid but surely he knows that already, we certainly do. Assuming no one leaves, strengthening LB and striker is paramount. Team is becoming difficult to beat but now we need to start winning. Would appreciate any signings in window is completed early. Minimise last minute scrabbling. Over December Murphy needs to get all the leg work done so paperwork is done first week of Jan. Easier said than done but…..

He does need to to back the 3 at the back, lwb is a problem shame Tutu was a crock as he'd be perfect back up. Johnson seems to get a lot less involved when we play 4 at the back, looked knackered last knight problem should have taken him off.

No real rest period before WBA coops will have to work some magic to get them back into gear, just gone a bit flat.

Tutu is back training with full Arsenal squad. Anyone know situation with Tutu. Have Arsenal recalled him or is he still technically on loan to Forest even if on sick at Gunners. Could do with him now, if fit.

Tutu is back training with full Arsenal squad. Anyone know situation with Tutu. Have Arsenal recalled him or is he still technically on loan to Forest even if on sick at Gunners. Could do with him now, if fit.
Someone said he should be backmid December, but we need him now really and you get the impression he won't ever be fully fit.