England. | Page 2 | Vital Football

England.

Not good news as far as i am concerned - but then the football has been boring for a long time, go a goal up and then sit there.

I think he has more than earned it and is a great man manager for this squad. Also safely first isn’t a bad way to win a tourno.

However I still feel is is tactically suspect in real time. Pre game he does his homework and generally has a good game plan but when the opposition switch tactics he reacts too late if at all. He needs help there if we are going to go all the way this time!

For me, being a supposed good man manager and safety first did not win anything in two winnable tournaments. Same with middlesborough and the U21s where we played good football until the finals and then played boring cowards recycling drivel.

great manager, has rashford and sancho on the bench but instead of going for it he brings them on with seconds to go to take a penalty - cold.

fairly irrelevant i suppose as i will still be supporting them with fresh hope each time lol.

Good news for me.

Yeah it gets a bit dull, but that is what wins tournaments which is what we all want.

Most teams that have won the Euros/WC in my lifetime seem to have done so by not conceding rather than outscoring the opposition.

It can be effective in league football, it's incredibly effective in tournament football.

The fact that we're "bored" when reaching a major international final shows how much expectations have been raised and that's down to Southgate and this group of players.
We all got excited with the "golden era" though, getting knocked out at the group stage is really exciting. 😉
The WC and Euros were winnable? Would we have won them under Eriksson, Capello or Hodgson?