Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City

Fantastic performance every player playing their part tonight. Pressing, tackling, anticipating, mixing it up paid off. What a night.

Well done City ! Well done everyone. Well done McGrandles, for me the player who held the glue to put it all together in going forward and defending.

Superb performance against a team playing to go top of the league. Many good individual performances from the Imps with Montsma, outstanding, Robson and Eyoma, solid. After the Wimbledon game this will get the confidence right up there. An entertaining game played with pace and commitment from both teams.

Superb win. Best team performance this season. Looked more like Imps of last season.

Any of N'Lundulu, Montsma, Eyoma, McGrandles or Robson could have been Man of the Match for me for the right reasons. Would go Montsma if pushed, really back to his best. Sorensen and Bishop also played well and both improving. N'Lundulu performance particularly encouraging out of them all though for me, just what we need. And Robson is looking an excellent addition, really like him.

Would have snapped your hand off for a point before kick off. Great result!

Cracking display that.

Love Maguire and his attitude (shithousery) he’s just the kind of player we’ve needed to nag away at the ref and the opponent.

Montsma for me just gets better and better, Conor Mc had a very good game as well.

With the personnel we have available that was a much more fitting formation and it showed. I don't know why it hadn't been tried before as it was used in the second half of last season even when it didn't suit the players we had then!

Anyway, apart from a few scares that was well controlled, as it was om Saturday, but with more edge.

Onwards and upwards.