Petrol (NG) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Petrol (NG)

Yeah right !
Trans Info says that there is a 65,000 HGV shortage in Germany and 124,000 shortage in Poland.
The middle class were always against leaving the Eu and will grasp at any passing straw.
😂
Yep, it's a peculiar tweet. The HGV driver shortage, panic buying and fuel shortages are triple counting the same issue. We do not have empty supermarket shelves, and a Google search indicates that Germany does have increased gas prices. He is correct though about Germany not having Brexit

seems a very male dominated industry too. Is enough being done to entice females into becoming HGV drivers?

Feminists only want a 50-50 split of genders in good clean safe high paying jobs. Horrible underpaid jobs should continue to be a man dominated industries.

I’ve seen many photos of totally empty supermarket shelves in the media but can honestly say that I went to Tesco East the Water yesterday and there was not a single item on my list that wasn’t available.
I did forget Water Biscuits even though they were on there but that’s down to me.
It is probably different in other areas because they have photographic evidence.

I’ve seen many photos of totally empty supermarket shelves in the media but can honestly say that I went to Tesco East the Water yesterday and there was not a single item on my list that wasn’t available.
I did forget Water Biscuits even though they were on there but that’s down to me.
It is probably different in other areas because they have photographic evidence.

no its the same here. I forgot something off is my list as well.

Yeah right !
Trans Info says that there is a 65,000 HGV shortage in Germany and 124,000 shortage in Poland.
The middle class were always against leaving the Eu and will grasp at any passing straw.
😂
So you know Germany has the same problems as us do you? Funny how they seem to be coping so much better.

German 'chaos' not on the news but Pledge will tell you that's because their oppressive society is covering it up.

There are multiple reasons for our situation, one of which is Brexit but obviously not the main one. Zero planning by our incompetent Government as usual for Brexit consequences.

So you know Germany has the same problems as us do you? Funny how they seem to be coping so much better.

German 'chaos' not on the news but Pledge will tell you that's because their oppressive society is covering it up.

There are multiple reasons for our situation, one of which is Brexit but obviously not the main one. Zero planning by our incompetent Government as usual for Brexit consequences.
I think that we should add the haulage industry to the list of incompetence.
Anyone can blame the government but it’s their business to keep the trucks running and as an industry, they have clearly failed miserably.
Blah blah !
European drivers leaving.
If that’s the case, then the onus is on them to get replacements.
Too many years of plumping up on cheap labour and not training and bringing a new generation through.

As for chaos in the U.K..
The blame firmly lays at the feet of the people panic buying unnecessary fuel.
It’s impossible for everyone to be empty at the same time.
A news report said that the particular garage normally sold 8,000 litres a day and yesterday sold 28,000 litres at an inflated price.
Once again kerching for the companies and once again, the public get deservedly suckered.

Only photos of a section of shelves, usually containing one item. I have not seen any photos of a complete end to end row in a supermarket, let alone a whole supermarket, being empty.

I shop in a village Sainsbury's and have yet to see even one whole empty shelf.

One thing I'm sure we agree on, definitely no shortage of greedy, selfish mongs around. Went to the shop earlier & couldn't even find any nutmeg or radishes, its an absolute crises and gord knows how wer'e meant to cope.

seems a very male dominated industry too. Is enough being done to entice females into becoming HGV drivers?

I heard that only 1% of HGV licence holders are women.

I wonder what actual number the 1% equates to because I personally know dozens and dozens of women who have one. They all own, drive and live-in their lorries.

Mrs Buddha is qualified to drive an articulated lorry. She looks sexy as fuck when she's up in that cab driving a big old truck. And she's the best driver I know, she's even better than me!!

One thing I'm sure we agree on, definitely no shortage of greedy, selfish mongs around. Went to the shop earlier & couldn't even find any nutmeg or radishes, its an absolute crises and gord knows how wer'e meant to cope.

When I was about sixteen me and a mate read that nutmeg has a chemical structure of MMDA.

Well, we thought, that sounds close to MDMA (what proper Ecstacy tablets contain), let's see if we can get high off some nutmeg!

We bought some ground up nutmeg and 'bombed' loads of it wrapped up in cigarette papers.

We didn't get high. We both just got very thirsty and had a horrible taste repeat on us for the rest of the day. Oh the folly of youth!

Nutmeg does apparently have some psychoactive qualities but I think you might have to extract the good stuff rather than simply neck a load of the ground up powder you buy in the shops!

I think that we should add the haulage industry to the list of incompetence.
Anyone can blame the government but it’s their business to keep the trucks running and as an industry, they have clearly failed miserably.
Blah blah !
European drivers leaving.
If that’s the case, then the onus is on them to get replacements.
Too many years of plumping up on cheap labour and not training and bringing a new generation through.

That's all true but is missing another key bit.

I read a interesting article from a trucker whose quit the job. The removal of facilities like rest stops has made a hard job even harder. Apparently there is a lack of basic places to park up and shower.

I read a twitter feed from a driver who videoed blogged his day delivering milk to the superstores. Tough job.

You can see why people aren't choosing to do it.

Improve facilities, provide training for the next generation and we could develop our own

Key point you already covered. We relied on cheap EU labour and then made them feel unwelcome though IR35, Brexit and the general "foreigners aren't welcome" mantra of the government.

We reap what we sow. We are just finding out that little England doesn't have sufficient indigenous who want to do the crap, tough or poorly paid jobs.

I have absolute respect for the people doing those jobs. I did farm work the summer I left school and I can barely reverse into a parking space so farm work and HGV driving is not for me

Last edited:
I heard that only 1% of HGV licence holders are women.

I wonder what actual number the 1% equates to because I personally know dozens and dozens of women who have one. They all own, drive and live-in their lorries.

Mrs Buddha is qualified to drive an articulated lorry. She looks sexy as fuck when she's up in that cab driving a big old truck. And she's the best driver I know, she's even better than me!!

Exactly, 1% and we are looking to import foreign labour when there is half of our nation as an untapped resource.

Seems like there is an opportunity for all those women you know to get some work!

The answer is simple kids are generally unfit .Walking to school if you live with two miles should be a requirement.Any child unless disabled seen dropped off in a car who lives less than two miles from school.Should be required to stay on after school for extra PE.Any child that reaches the a above average fitness levels should be allowed a lift to school when it is raining.