What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 264 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

We’re away for a few days in the Lake District at the moment so no cooking required. I had a starter of calamari with a spicy mayo dip followed by a skewer of prawns on a bed of yellow peppers and cherry tomatoes in a peppery sauce. Very nice, as were a few guest ales which I didn’t catch the name of…..something 61

We’re away for a few days in the Lake District at the moment so no cooking required. I had a starter of calamari with a spicy mayo dip followed by a skewer of prawns on a bed of yellow peppers and cherry tomatoes in a peppery sauce. Very nice, as were a few guest ales which I didn’t catch the name of…..something 61

Enjoy. For me, personally, sea-food... bleurgh! 😁

Lunch: home-made cream of leek and potato soup.
Tea: lamb kebabs and lime and chilli rice. We jazzed the rice rice up with roasted aubergine and onion. The garden contribution was mint in the yoghurt dip.

Lunch: home-made cream of leek and potato soup.
Tea: lamb kebabs and lime and chilli rice. We jazzed the rice rice up with roasted aubergine and onion. The garden contribution was mint in the yoghurt dip.
That rice sounds excellent, and the kebabs not bad either I presume!

Top tip: the rice is shop-bought microwaveable rice. We don't have anything as new-fangled as a microwave, so we fry it off.
You don't have a microwave? That must mean that you're very attentive and no cup of tea ever goes unfinished in your house!

That rice sounds excellent, and the kebabs not bad either I presume!

You don't have a microwave? That must mean that you're very attentive and no cup of tea ever goes unfinished in your house!

We don't have room for one. Tiny kitchen. But apart from zapping beans and baked-potatoes, we've never found much use for one.

We don't have room for one. Tiny kitchen. But apart from zapping beans and baked-potatoes, we've never found much use for one.
Ah, fair enough then. Hilariously we have an old cookbook, I would guess 1980s, that came with a Sharp microwave - and of course everything in it is cooked in a microwave, including a whole turkey...!