Steve Cooper | Page 16 | Vital Football

Steve Cooper

I'm sure he coached them very well and picked the right team.

But I suspect there is a big difference between managing at the elite level where results are all that matter and managing at youth level where the development of the players is first priority.

In a world cup, a manager's tactical know-how might well win it

I suspect there is a lot less emphasis on that at youth level and it's probably more about talent and form

Agree, bit more balanced. Im not convinced either but open minded. I wanted CH to do well and if cooper comes then him as well.

Well I didnt enjoy many of CH pre and post match interviews, but damn I don't think I can bring myself to watch this guys at all. Maybe with just audio but that's going to be rough as well.

What’s he done wrong?! Had Swansea challenging, won the World Cup with England kids. Will be well connected. Renowned for bringing on the kids.

you lot seem to think we’re better than we are and should be getting Klopp

good solid appointment and feels like there’s a plan for once

What’s he done wrong?! Had Swansea challenging, won the World Cup with England kids. Will be well connected. Renowned for bringing on the kids.

Don’t talk wet. We know exactly what and where we are which is why we need someone with the relevant experience to get us out of the shit we are in. Cooper doesn’t have any real experience so we just have to hope he is up to the job.

The ‘plan’ is to buy and develop youth which would be great if we weren’t in such a mess.

That’s all well and good but what would you do if you woke up in the middle of the night and found Cooper standing right next to your bed ?, he’s naked , aroused , and touching himself while staring straight at you .

how about that captain?
let’s see how that affects your opinion of his managerial expertise....

peopple seem to be dismissing winning the u17s world cup and making the euros final consecutively as tho anyone could do it. Thats a bloody great recent achievement. woul dhave learned a lot about club mnagement in his first job. seems a real quality coach on the up. Id take him with optimism

I agree that we’ve got to give him a chance and be open-minded and hope that the more negative-sounding aspects from Swansea are a product of circumstance rather than entrenched approach or philosophy. At least he’s young enough to be on the up, ambitious and probably also adaptable. From this vantage point, I can’t see why we wouldn’t go for Wilder, but that’s a moot point now Cooper is almost certainly in post.

I'm going to fucking hate this guy.

Just reading Swansea fans comments.

Apparently he barely developed their own youngsters at all. But he was very good at developing other people's youngsters that he already knew from the U17s. And his really good contacts were with.... Liverpool.

Yes, according to Swans fans, he will sideline our youngsters and seek to loan and develop those of Liverpool, who we'll have to play because of the punitive loan contracts those ***** insist on.

Agent Dane Murphy strikes again