Odd random stuff | Page 4 | Vital Football

Odd random stuff

Ex-Wigan Athletic boss Gary Caldwell is joining Manchester City.

The former Football League manager is poised to join the Premier League champions as ‘loan team coach’,

WTF is that:slap:
He's basically a "Mentor" for the young Citeh lads out on loan, as some seem to get a bit upset when they're farmed out to other clubs (Bruised Egos, and all that...).

Great role for him 👌

Bloody hell, Gayle must have a death wish

Newcastle assistant manager Graeme Jones and English striker Dwight Gayle, 30, were involved in a heated training-ground argument, with captain Jamaal Lascelles having to separate the pair. (Mail)

Reactions: GSM
Just feeling sorry for Forest fans after reading that Warren Joyce has stepped up to assist Reid as caretaker manager.

As long as Reid does the opposite of what Joyce suggests they may survive.

Its a novel idea to have the dugouts behind them big 'H' things and they double up as part of the new Athletic event of 400m assault course racing.
How do they get over them walls in the corner, and would all the 100m races be done two at a time.

Hacker T Dog having Paddy McG about last time Bolton won the FA cup and bigging up Tics on QOS - quality 👍😂😂😂😂

So WRDCFC, go into admin, take 12 point deduction, avoid 9 point accounting deduction, and make club debt free for resale. Job done
EDIT
apparently the financial fair play penalty, carries over to the new incorporation of the club, so -21 points. ooo err

Last edited:
So WRDCFC, go into admin, take 12 point deduction, avoid 9 point accounting deduction, and make club debt free for resale. Job done
EDIT
apparently the financial fair play penalty, carries over to the new incorporation of the club, so -21 points. ooo err

I thought it was very telling that in the press release confirming that they're going to file for administration that it was pretty much all about how they've been impacted by covid (virtually wiped out their income & they couldn't furlough enough staff i.e. players) and that without it they would have a viable & profitable business that was attractive to investors.
As sure as night follows day, I can see the administrators going down the same route as Latics admin did & appeal the points deduction because of force majure. I'm not saying that they'll be successful but I would say that they've got a higher chance of success than Latics did - the fact that Au Yeung bought Latics in the middle of the pandemic & had already consulted the administrators before completing the purchase meant we never stood a chance of succeeding. Derby, certainly from the outside looking in, seem to have been badly mismanaged for some years but can legitimately point to millions upon millions of lost income as a result of having to continue playing whilst in lockdown. If they can prove that without that they'd be operating and able to service any debts and that investors have withdrawn as a result of this loss of income then who knows what'll happen