Fifty Years An Imp | Page 6 | Vital Football

Fifty Years An Imp

Not sure if it was that game, or one with similar conditions, but I remember the players wore baseball boots/plimsoles rather than their normal studded football boots
I seem to remember the players doing that for a home game in the early '80s. It may have been the game against Brentford that David mentions as his first.

I seem to remember the players doing that for a home game in the early '80s. It may have been the game against Brentford that David mentions as his first.
It rained for the Brentford game do remember, can't remember much else

We never had any problems being centrally located in the country and relatively easy to get to. Workington on the other hand is completely different. They were voted out of the league and replaced by Wimbledon I believe which tells its own story

The same with Barrow being voted out in favour of Hereford.

This would have been much earlier, and so I wonder if it was the game ruskingtontony referred to. We left Lincoln in '71, and was certainly before then.

Not sure if it was that game, or one with similar conditions, but I remember the players wore baseball boots/plimsoles rather than their normal studded football boots

Swindon won promotion from Div.3 in 1963 after playing through the Big Freeze in daps.