Coronavirus | Page 760 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Only 59 out of the last 50,000 Covid deaths have been in doubly vaccinated people.

And yet some people are still antivax :slap:

Other way of looking at it, if every adult (and vulnerable child) has had the chance to get vaccinated and their opportunity for a top up comes around quicker, why are we so bothered about the lower IQ lot opting out?

We must be heading towards herd immunity once the kids catch it and their bodies become a little stronger in a natural way.

Only 59 out of the last 50,000 Covid deaths have been in doubly vaccinated people.

As previously posted about my brother, he either couldn't or more likely would not see that the vaccines have been incredibly effective. He text me that 54% of new cases in Ireland are vaccinated people and that that proves that the vaccines are not very good.

I said well actually you're kind of proving they are extremely effective. 90% of the country is vaccinated, that's 4.5M people which only leaves about 10% to be vaccinated which is about 0.5M. So if 46% of cases are still coming from a population almost 10 times smaller thats staggering.

As previously posted about my brother, he either couldn't or more likely would not see that the vaccines have been incredibly effective. He text me that 54% of new cases in Ireland are vaccinated people and that that proves that the vaccines are not very good.

I said well actually you're kind of proving they are extremely effective. 90% of the country is vaccinated, that's 4.5M people which only leaves about 10% to be vaccinated which is about 0.5M. So if 46% of cases are still coming from a population almost 10 times smaller thats staggering.

We had something close to 20k new cases here the other day and 4 of those required hospitalisation. New cases means nothing if people are vaccinated, as Deano will tell you.

Still, my sister is refusing to get vaccinated. She's now saying that people who get vaccinated are still testing positive so what's the point. I always thought she was a bit ditsy but I'm starting to think she is Love Island stupid.

I don't understand how these people accept going into hospital to receive treatment (for covid, or anything else) when they won't receive, what is basically, a treatment for covid via a tiny needle.

Nearly 1000 died in the last week that will be another 50,000 people over the next year and nobody seem to give a flying one about it anymore

We had something close to 20k new cases here the other day and 4 of those required hospitalisation. New cases means nothing if people are vaccinated, as Deano will tell you.

Still, my sister is refusing to get vaccinated. She's now saying that people who get vaccinated are still testing positive so what's the point. I always thought she was a bit ditsy but I'm starting to think she is Love Island stupid.
Does she not wear a seat belt in a car because people still get killed in car crashes or bother with the "pill" because women still get pregnant.
There really are some idiots about aren't there

Nearly 1000 died in the last week that will be another 50,000 people over the next year and nobody seem to give a flying one about it anymore

I don't think you're right in saying that. I think people do give a damn. I think people do care. But there's no way you can prevent every single death.

In an ideal world everyone would live in to their 90s and die of 'natural causes'. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world. We live in a world where cancer, heart disease, flu, dementia, lung disease and many many other illnesses take millions upon millions of people before their time.

Covid isn't going away. Just add it to the list. Every death is a sadness, but we can't prevent them all.

Between 2,000 and 7,000 people a day could be hospitalised with Covid in England next month unless the government urgently implements a “basket of measures”, government scientific advisers have warned as Boris Johnson made clear he hopes to avoid fresh restrictions.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...oon-or-risk-7000-daily-covid-cases-sage-warns

Even though 81% of UK adults are double-jabbed, nearly 6 million are unvaccinated and vulnerable to the highly-transmissible Delta variant now most Covid restrictions have been lifted.

And of course you have to add into that....
Did those 59 people die BECAUSE of covid or did they just have it at the time of death.
Those 59 people could have died in anyway but just had a positive covid test.
This is why the figures are so annoying.

I don't think you're right in saying that. I think people do give a damn. I think people do care. But there's no way you can prevent every single death.

In an ideal world everyone would live in to their 90s and die of 'natural causes'. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world. We live in a world where cancer, heart disease, flu, dementia, lung disease and many many other illnesses take millions upon millions of people before their time.

Covid isn't going away. Just add it to the list. Every death is a sadness, but we can't prevent them all.

Yes but these are ridiculously preventable deaths, there surely arent many people alive who wouldnt take a vaccine that prevents cancer. If you have cancer you're not looking at many nice options. Pancreatic cancer is almost a death sentence and there isnt a clear set of guidelines to prevent it or make it survivable. Thats not the case for COVID. Its not even apples and oranges, its apples and moldy old socks. IMO they are in no way shape or form comparable. Even the flu isnt as comparable because the vax for the flu is not as effective as the COVID vax and its simply not as ruthless.

I think V57 is right, a lot of people are starting to not care because we look at many of these people are preventing us from a return to normal. We're here saying don't treat the unvaxxed and looking at the death count like "its such a shame but maybe they should have got vaxxed" and then we go on about our day. The truth is many of these people are leaving behind wives, kids and grandkids. And a good proportion of deaths at least outside of the American South and Red States is simply people who are scared or ignorant.

I think that's a seperate discussion CDX.

The way I read what V57 was saying was we're still getting 1k deaths per week and people are just becoming a bit blase about it. I was just pointing out it's not that people don't care about the death's it's just that Covid is now up there with all those other things as a 'normal' killer and we need to start accepting deaths will happen.

In terms of preventable deaths and people dying coz they won't take the vaccine, I'm of the opinion these people are complete and utter dickheads and in essense it's survival of the fittest. Not sure how anyone who can take the vaccine but refuses to can expect any sympathy if they croak it. So yeah in that regard I'm not going to lose any sleep about an anti-vaxxer dying from Covid. Obviously feel for his or her family, but they're probably better off without them in the long run.

there surely arent many people alive who wouldnt take a vaccine that prevents cancer. .

This might be a bit too far detached from your point as you’re talking about cure not prevention, but look how many people smoke, drink too much, are advised to cut back on eating crap but still eat crap etc etc

In my view now, we should be looking to vaccinate the developing world both morally and for our own benefit.

When travel gets to even 50-60% of what it was pre-COVID, the mutations and variations will be like wildfire. That’s a bigger concern to me than the choices made by the remaining 20% of stupid and unintelligent Brits.

Just watching Peston from last night (yes, I am that rock n roll)

Interesting stat. This time last year, following the summer/outdoors etc, not the best period for viruses who like to spread ... we had 1 in 1400 people with the infection. And at the moment, before we approach the closed windows of Autumn and winter, we have........ 1 in 70 infected.

The vaccines though, should prevent lockdowns, deaths last year were doubling every 10 days, now they are doubling every 39 days.

Obviously there are some concerns of immunity waning from the vaccines, but then, there can be booster jabs (over 50's are going to get them I've read)

Israel have started the 3rd jabs and have impressive immunity stats.

I read that plan B is compulsory masks and vaccine "passports" if the rates overwhelm the Hospitals again.
I wouldn't be against this at all, even now, why wait until it gets out of control.

I still wear a mask in shops, not that I going very often but wearing one normally means people giving me a wider berth. Or maybe that's because I've stopped using deodorant

anybody who burnt the candle at both ends in the 60s and 70s, smoking and boozing to the max, cant afford not to be careful,, i havent smoked for 30 years and try to stay fit, even though im half knackered, but i do drink some red wine for medicinal purposes,,seanie