Manchester City - RB Leipzig Champions League Post Match Thread | Vital Football

Manchester City - RB Leipzig Champions League Post Match Thread

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Manchester City 6 R B Leipzig 3
Manchester City Line-up
Ederson, Cancelo, Dias (C), Ake, Zinchenko, Rodrigo*, De Bruyne***, Bernardo**, Grealish*****, Torres****, Mahrez.

SUB Carson, Slicker, Walker, Sterling****, Gundogan**, Jesus*****, Fernandinho*, Foden***, Palmer, Lavia.
City Goals - Ake 16' , OG (Mukiele) 28' Mahrez(pen) 45'+2', Grealish 56', Cancelo 75' Jesus 85'
City Assists - Grealish 16', Dias 56' Gundogan 75'
Attendance- 38,062

FT Stats
Possession
City 50.4% RB 49.6%
Corners
City 6 RB 3
Offsides
City 6 RB 3
Fouls
City 9 RB 17
Cards
City 1 Y (Zinchenko) RB 2 Y 1R
On Target
City 8 RB 3
Woodwork
City 0 RB 0
Off Target
City 2 RB 4

Stats courtesy of mancity,com (OS)
www.bbc.co.uk/football
Man. City-Leipzig | Stats | UEFA Champions League | UEFA.com
some stats vary mainly those shots off target some show as blocked rather than off target, but in the end its the goals that count and usually all get the shots on target unanimously. PS don't shoot the stats man.

Last edited:
Typical City 🗣
Shaun Goater on Matchday Live:

"This is typical City, the goals are being spread all around the pitch.

"There’s Grealish scoring, an own goal, Gabriel Jesus comes off the bench to score, Cancelo.

"This is the brilliant thing when we get flowing everyone wants to score!"

Jack Grealish on BT Sport 🗣
"I loved it, I’ve been waiting a while, the past few days and weeks I couldn't wait for this game, it's a great night!

"It was one of those games, it had absolutely everything, we’re delighted to get the win against a good team, full of energy. I’m delighted personally mainly with the three points, but also with the goal and assist.

"Anything can happen in the Champions League, that's why it's such a wonderful competition.

"As soon as the game kicked off I thought in my head 'I’ve actually played in the competition now'. The game and result topped it all off."

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to BT Sport: "Leipzig never give up. They have a special way to attack. They play all or nothing.

"You never have the feeling it's over. We scored a few minutes after they scored [a few times] and it helped us a lot.

"They have a young team, so aggressive, so strong. A fantastic team. Leipzig give a good message to football. The quality of the players was better today and that's why we won.

"We scored 16 goals in the last three games here. I'd like more people to come on Saturday. We will be tired. Southampton are so dangerous. I invite all our people to come 3pm to watch our game."

Yes Brennan thinks he had defensive wobble.

Not having seen the game, I can not comment at the moment until I have watch the match when it is shown later on City+ TV
I thought he was worth more than a 6 but let me have your thoughts.
Got to go now. Have a tree surgeon coming in the morning at crack of sparrow-fart!!

Posted at 22:0022:00
'Man City top their group'
FT: Man City 6-3 Leipzig
81f665f8-5a62-485c-b5e6-bd26bf77baac.jpg

Nedum Onuoha
Former Manchester City defender on BBC Radio 5 Live
It must be good to know that you can score six goals and have them come from a host of different players.
They'll take the three points and the fact that that leaves Man City top of the group.

A strange, but entertaining game in lots of ways, and no lack of goals!

We had a really sloppy five minute spell before the first RBL goal, which looked like taking the shine off the first half, where we didn't really create any outstanding chances.

Good header by Ake for the first, and two gifts for the second and third, which was a tonic to knock back RBL. Super penalty by Mahrez, but I thought for a split second it was an Anfield job.

The biggest concern overall would be the fairly soft concession of three goals, and it musn't be often your striker (who looks useful purely for this reason) gets three, and still loses by the same margin.

Super strikes by Grealish and Cancelo, and, again, quick enough just to knock back any RBL momentum. They're a tidy team, but I would still expect ourselves and PSG to complete the job against them - the result from Belgium is a warning, but because of the back to back nature of City-Bruges and PSG-RBL, the group could be sorted by the time of the 5th and 6th games.