Accrington v LATICS | Page 4 | Vital Football

Accrington v LATICS

It was a good point though - I am sure it will be thrown into the argument in future 😁

Second point is right-ish.

I have got my ticket but my Accy mate is letting me down and going to watch some cricket match 😐
Your mate doesn't want you ribing him all afternoon when we smash um 😁😁

Good example of how ticket priority points would work ….

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/ticket-news-wigan-v-wednesday/
Whichever way the away ticket allocation is prioritised, it would cause a backlash of some description, it always does.
Plus, we currently don't sell out enough away games to warrant having a points system anyway,

As an aside, those coach prices are disgraceful 😳😳😳
£21 to go to Wigan from Sheffield??? 🤣🤣🤣
We're only charging £28 to go to bloody Gillingham...

Whichever way the away ticket allocation is prioritised, it would cause a backlash of some description, it always does.
Plus, we currently don't sell out enough away games to warrant having a points system anyway,

As an aside, those coach prices are disgraceful 😳😳😳
£21 to go to Wigan from Sheffield??? 🤣🤣🤣
We're only charging £28 to go to bloody Gillingham...
Forces of supply v demand?
Think there might be more driving & less coaching to Sheffield.

Distance is sometimes irrelevant, the coach companies charge for the hire of coach and driver on a daily rate and then add fuel costs, so the only variable is the fuel cost which when you divide by the number of seats is nominal.

Official site showing no option to buy Accy tickets so one assumes it's now sold out

Doesn't really affect me personally, since I don't go to away games except weeknight games in London (I arrange my business trips to coincide with those fixtures). I prefer to spend my weekends with my family... a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon or one occasional weeknight is fine for home games, but an away fixture (even local ones) is most of the day... when I'm in London for work, I don't have to feel guilty about missing out on family time since I'm away from home anyway... so for me personally, getting a ticket for the away games I go to is literally never, ever a problem.

I do agree that fans who travel long distances to less attractive games should get preferential options when ticket availability is limited though... but not at the expense of season ticket holders. That said, it's a bit of a moot point, since pretty much everyone who goes on the long hikes to footballing backwaters are also season ticket holders.

We don't take that many to away games, so it'll very rarely be a problem... a couple of games a season at most, I expect.

What really does need to be addressed is the reliability (or apparent lack thereof) of the online booking system. Accy tickets are still available, but I appreciate that some people may not have the time to spend in queues (either in person or on the phone) trying to get a ticket because the online system is playing silly buggers.