The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Manchester United's former England Under-21 defender Axel Tuanzebe, 23, wants to make his loan spell at Aston Villa a permanent move. (Sun)

I'd be far happier thinking loans lead to signing the players, if not, I wish we didn't use the system at all now (unless injuries force) because it isn't building it is just improving a player for another club.

Manchester United's former England Under-21 defender Axel Tuanzebe, 23, wants to make his loan spell at Aston Villa a permanent move. (Sun)

I'd be far happier thinking loans lead to signing the players, if not, I wish we didn't use the system at all now (unless injuries force) because it isn't building it is just improving a player for another club.

Dont mind the loan system myself if it gets you a quality player that you would have no chance of signing otherwise, but I dont think Axel falls into that category. Lingard at West Ham shows it can work, he basically did what we thought Barkley was supposed to do for us.

Dont mind the loan system myself if it gets you a quality player that you would have no chance of signing otherwise, but I dont think Axel falls into that category. Lingard at West Ham shows it can work, he basically did what we thought Barkley was supposed to do for us.

Yes, I get that, but then, we have the money now to progress, otherwise - apart from in emergencies (I often quote the Kirally loan from years back) it isn't really building anything is it? You start to like the player then they are gone again. With billionaire owners, it doesn't seem to be something we need to do, unless there is an option to buy.

Tuanzebe shouldn't of signed a new contract with United, he should have seen the writing on the wall.

Should have run his contract down and would of had his pick of clubs - including AVFC.

I begrudge paying united £5m for his services and imagine they will ask for circa £15m for a transfer fee

Yes, I get that, but then, we have the money now to progress, otherwise - apart from in emergencies (I often quote the Kirally loan from years back) it isn't really building anything is it? You start to like the player then they are gone again. With billionaire owners, it doesn't seem to be something we need to do, unless there is an option to buy.

I agree to a certain extent, but personally still don't think we are in a position to attract top level players. Some of these may be open to a loan move if they aren't getting enough game time at their current club, but unlikely to make the move permanent if they feel we are a step back for their career. At the moment most will view us as a mid-table club, last season they thought we may be in a relegation battle. Again though, I dont think Axel falls into that category - he's a back up CB so seems like we couldnt get our main target and this was the fall back option. So in this circumstance I would agree
If we can establish ourselves in the top 6-8 of the PL consistently and the owners keep putting the money in, then that will hopefully change.

Someone who could play as part of a back three or as a DM would be a perfect signing for us, but I'm not sure Fabinho is on the market.

Someone who could play as part of a back three or as a DM would be a perfect signing for us, but I'm not sure Fabinho is on the market.

I hate to harp on, well not really but, Denis Zachariah of Monchengladbach will be 25 in November, is a defensive midfielder who can also play central defence and as a central midfielder, he's a Swiss international with approaching 40 caps and is out of contract in the summer.

I hate to harp on, well not really but, Denis Zachariah of Monchengladbach will be 25 in November, is a defensive midfielder who can also play central defence and as a central midfielder, he's a Swiss international with approaching 40 caps and is out of contract in the summer.

He's foreign, sort of young, has to be hungry, and nobody has heard of him. So has to be top of the list :grinning:

I'm not sure he's been mentioned on here before 🤷‍♂️😉

I like Axel, think he'd be a good signing. Give the lad some game time and he'll improve. He was shocking at RB under Bruce and then stepped up considerably at CB under Smith. Quick, carries the ball forward, don't know why he's thought of so poorly on this site. £10-15m would be perfect for a player like him. If he's a back up to Konsa, I say he's an excellent back up. Bring it on!

However, the news is from the Sun so I'm not holding my breath.

Absolutely no chance we're in for a player of this calibre.

As shown against Everton, Luiz is perfectly capable playing that bit further forward. If we can just get Nakamba practising passing, to get his right foot as good as his left, we could be onto a winner.