Nation: France
League: Ligue 1
Stadium: Roazhon Park (29,778 cap)
Manager: Bruno Génésio
Form (last 5): 🟩 🟩 🟩 🟥 🟥
Cur. League Pos: 11
th

Potential Formation:
I'm expecting them to stick to their preferred 4-3-3 formation.

Playing Style:
They are a typical possession team, who find most success by utilising their width. They are decent short-range passers who look to feed their attackers in behind the defence way more often than launching long-range attacks. They tend to have most joy with counter attacks but when their counters don't work, they are prone to leaving a fair amount of space behind their midfield, which leaves them exposed to players who thrive in those scenarios. They also have a couple of powerhouse-types at CB who will likely be out to bully our central striker. We will have little joy in the air against them either. Some of their players are fairly consistent in giving away free kicks or making errors too. I predict it could be a fairly open game at times. The biggest positive for us is that Camavinga is no longer with them and Doku is unlikely to be fit in time.

In-form players:
Kamaldeen Sulemana (FW) - Very young wide attacker. He is a very skillful player who is quick and confident at taking players on. He is strong too and is almost certain to end up in the PL someday. Still a raw talent though. He has stepped into the role left by the injured Doku.

Alfred Gomis (GK) - A very competent shot stopper who has started the season well. He has decent reflexes and has been an important part of the Rennes setup for the last season.

Nayef Aguerd (CB) - An important figure at the back so far this season. He is a strong aerial presence and is a very focused defender. His passing is very good too and is a key person in the possession system.

-------------------------

If any bits of info come up before the match, I will update the info here.

This thread will be locked so all comments should be in the main Europa Conference League thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.