The Politics Thread | Page 329 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

It's the thing about the Tories, when they are out of office they are perceived to be good with money and good for the economy.

When they are in office, there are non-stop financial fiascos, taxing the poor and not the rich, the economic self-flagilation of austerity and massive, massive contracts for their mates who don't deliver what they are enormously overpaid for.

Still, they will get run out of office when they have enriched themselves at the expense of the British working class and then magically they will be perceived to be good with money again.

It's the thing about the Tories, when they are out of office they are perceived to be good with money and good for the economy.

When they are in office, there are non-stop financial fiascos, taxing the poor and not the rich, the economic self-flagilation of austerity and massive, massive contracts for their mates who don't deliver what they are enormously overpaid for.

Still, they will get run out of office when they have enriched themselves at the expense of the British working class and then magically they will be perceived to be good with money again.
Politically... This country is absolutely doomed. There just is no way back from this it seems.
They are all useless tossers.
We need a saviour.
My religious colleague said that Jesus will rise again.
I hope Jesus will bring plenty friends with same powers. I just give up with them.

Politically... This country is absolutely doomed. There just is no way back from this it seems.
We need a saviour.
I hope Jesus will bring plenty friends with same powers. I just give up with them.

It's hard to find any politicians around the world to have faith in. Thailand is certainly no different.

I do share your despair though.

I sometimes think about going home to run for office. To put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. I think I'd get chewed up by the system and be another Tommy Carcetti, winding up chasing votes and repeating dumb-ass slogans.

We need a saviour.
Bloody hell. I don't know how grown adults can be so stupid.

Landlords and other earners of passive income like increasing capital gains tax. What's the problem?
It's a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things.Been proven in the past, I doesn't work., people just sit on the assets and don't sell them

That's because wealthy right wingers control the main media outlets and any candidate who suggests economically moderate left wing policies is smeared as a Marxist who will bankrupt the country. Of course these barons are protecting their own status which might be affected by those policies and that's what Conservatism is all about in the end. I'm afraid I have completely given up on British politics for the sake of my own mental health as the British electorate has been subverted and there is no hope. We laugh at America regarding Trump but there is no doubt in my mind that if Jeremy Clarkson ran for office using his Top Gear persona he would win by a landslide.

Caught out again?

Labour has accused Priti Patel of breaking the ministerial code by facilitating a meeting between a Tory donor and British Airways (BA).

The home secretary reportedly set up the meeting at a hotel at Heathrow Airport between Surinder Arora, a billionaire hotel magnate who has given money to Conservative MPs, and senior executives from BA

No civil servants present, as they should be for such meetings.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-labour-heathrow-meeting-b1918537.html

Caught out again?

Labour has accused Priti Patel of breaking the ministerial code by facilitating a meeting between a Tory donor and British Airways (BA).

The home secretary reportedly set up the meeting at a hotel at Heathrow Airport between Surinder Arora, a billionaire hotel magnate who has given money to Conservative MPs, and senior executives from BA.

No civil servants present, as they should be for such meetings.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-labour-heathrow-meeting-b1918537.html

Stinks doesn't it ? She should have been sacked for good aftr the last time she did a similar thing.

How come Boris isn't using the £350m a day from the EU to fund the NHS instead of increasing NI?
...because it doesn't exist right. But must be true because it was on the side of a bus.

Great point above about detaching from politics for mental health reasons. I feel a lot better for it. Much better freeing up that time benefitting your own life. I've taught myself new programming languages by spending much less time on political blogs and youtube channels.

Politics is beyond saving.

Any tax on landlords will just be added to rent....so it hits the people at/nearer the bottom.
Not if it's combined with rent controls and other economic rebalancing. People always try to come up with reasons to not tax wealthy people more. The minimum wage was the same.