Tics - Gone but never Forgotten | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tics - Gone but never Forgotten

Yesterday (16June) marks 26 years since former chairman of WAFC Arthur Horrocks passed away.

RIP Mr Chairman.

96 was a bad year for us mate and our dads...June yours , October mine. Miss him to this day as I expect so do you.

RIP

Sorry just noticed yours would have been 95 but the sentiment stands.

Everyone at Wigan Athletic Football Club are saddened to learn the news of the passing of former goalkeeper Dougie Stewart, at the age of 78.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dougie was Latics keeper when I was a ball boy behind his goal and he used to chat to me all; the time while the play was up field. RIP Dougie

I went with 14 friends to the 1973 FA Trophy Final at Wembley,
there is only two of us left, we went all over the country following Latics
and the memories of the times i had with these lads are still 'vivid'.

We 'roughed' it on long trips to away matches, sleeping overnight in
vans and cars to have a good night out on the town.

R.I.P. lads 'gone-but-not-forgotten'.

Everyone at Wigan Athletic Football Club are saddened to learn the news of the passing of former goalkeeper Dougie Stewart, at the age of 78.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dougie was Latics keeper when I was a ball boy behind his goal and he used to chat to me all; the time while the play was up field. RIP Dougie
Only just linked this to my post on the Rotherham thread Zakky ... Lovely man.

I remember watching Freddie as a young lad of 10 or11 RIP

All at Wigan Athletic are saddened to learn of the death of our former player Fred Taberner at the age of 85.

He joined Wigan Athletic, then managed by ex England international Malcolm Barrass, in December 1958 and made his debut on Saturday 27 December in a 3-1 home win over Bacup Borough in a Lancashire Combination game.

Fred played 115 (81 lge) games for Latics scoring 67 (45 lge) goals. He has both winners and runners-up Lancashire Junior Cup Final medals.

He also played in two friendlies against Southport and at Stirling Albion, when Latics unbelievably flew to the game on a BOAC plane.

Johnny Fielding (02/09/1939 - 01/08/2022)

All at Wigan Athletic are saddened to learn of the death of our former player John Fielding at the age of 82.

I can just about remember Johnny as blond haired and a very skillful Inside forward, who actually made his debut on my 9th birthday in 1959.

RIP

I've put this message on here on behalf of Sarah.

Good morning,this is Sarah the wife of Elaine,known on here as Exiled Tic . I'm sorry to say that Elaine passed away last week as a result of a car accident!She loved the debates and opinions on here and the characters she interacted with!She will be incredibly missed by all who knew her!I hope it was okay to come on here to say this,if not I apologise!Finally as she would say Up the Tics! and thanks to you all!!