Grahams' Advice to N'Dombele.... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Grahams' Advice to N'Dombele....

We NEED him more than many realise.. I don't think he was bad last year at all. In fact I thought he was consistently one of our better players and worked very hard for the team. A Mourinho team is not the right fit for someone with his attributes. Still lots of question marks but in a team that lacks imagination and guile in midfield we have to give it a chance to work. I'd be binning Lo Celsi before nDombele.

I've said much the same many, many times, especially when the crap has been unjustifiably been sent flying in his direction.

His talent is undoubted; his fitness and application have (at times) been in my view unfairly adjudged; If he does commit himself totally and his family have resigned to not getting back to Europe and will now move out from the hotel(s) and buy a home here, then we could be in for a treat.

If he can remain injury-free, anything becomes possible this season - this is the difference he could make.
He's still in a hotel, 2 years later?

The club record signing from Lyon has endured a tough time following his move to England and was reported to have submitted a transfer request this summer (Football.London).

The 24-year-old previously told L’Equipe after making the move to North London that it was Pochettino who was the deciding factor.

Pochettino was sacked by Daniel Levy just months after sanctioning a club record deal to bring the midfielder to the club and was replaced by Jose Mourinho.

Ndombele had a rude awakening to his life at Tottenham under Pochettino and was said to have told friends just a matter of weeks after sealing his switch that he wanted to leave over the physically demanding nature of Pochettino’s pre-season training sessions.

Eccleshare said: “Had Pochettino stayed [things might have been different]. That’s a really important thing to remember.

“If you ask them, Pochettino and his team, they really felt that they could get something out of Ndombele and he could have been a success.”

He has no option but to play and play well. If he still has plans to leave the club in the next transfer window, he knows no other club will pay anywhere near what Levy will demand for him if he hasn't been playing regularly. If the rumours are true that he wants to leave for one of the 'big' clubs, he will need to prove his worth. And if Levy does plan to sell him, he'll want Nuno to play him.
I hope he reintegrates into the team and plays well enough to help us achieve good things at the club and then hopefully start to enjoy himself enough to want to stay. Huge potential and would be a pity to see him go.

If you put in a transfer request, and the club does everything within reason to accommodate your request, and it turns out there just isn't any actionable interest for fair value in the market for you, well you may as well buckle down and make something worthwhile out of it, or your long-term career may well be in jeopardy.

He really thought it'd be as easy as just saying he wanted to go there, and Real, PSG, Barca, etc would just have lined up. He was wrong.

I remain unconvinced by his change of heart. He's not earned himself a starting place. He wants to play he needs to convince Nuno he's willing to work his socks off.
How are we going to know unless we start him though? He's had two months to get fit. He lacks match fitness now.

He's certainly lost weight from last season. And Nuno is on record as saying he doesn't have an issue with him in training. But you can't play PL football if your head is elsewhere. And he's probably been banking on going elsewhere all summer.

We need to know one way or another what we have with him this season. And with all of the injuries we currently have today would be a good place to start.

Interesting quote from Klopp:

"It is a really difficult situation and really tricky for all the clubs, and the players especially.

We should not forget at this moment that the players wanted to play these games, the clubs wanted to let the players go but it was not possible."

I don't know if Klopp's view is representative of other PL managers and clubs but he was happy for the players to travel for the internationals. Liverpool only held their players back to comply with the Premier League's ruling.

If he doesn't start today, with the injury issues we have, then he's done.

He didn't play at a major tournament in the summer. He shouldn't be unfit at this point, especially if he was after a move elsewhere.
The fact he's not been listed as a sub is very telling. The club can state whatever they like but it's no secret he's unhappy. He's had ample opportunity to prove himself on the big stage but i've yet to see the lad perform... really perform. He's a problem we could well do without.

How are we going to know unless we start him though? He's had two months to get fit. He lacks match fitness now.

He's certainly lost weight from last season. And Nuno is on record as saying he doesn't have an issue with him in training. But you can't play PL football if your head is elsewhere. And he's probably been banking on going elsewhere all summer.

We need to know one way or another what we have with him this season. And with all of the injuries we currently have today would be a good place to start.
That's the catch 22 Gary. Something must be amiss if Nuno won't even place him on the bench. It's his neck on the line so if Tanguy isn't motivated then why on earth would he consider playing him?

The fact he's not been listed as a sub is very telling. The club can state whatever they like but it's no secret he's unhappy. He's had ample opportunity to prove himself on the big stage but i've yet to see the lad perform... really perform. He's a problem we could well do without.

Wait. Teams have been announced?

That's the catch 22 Gary. Something must be amiss if Nuno won't even place him on the bench. It's his neck on the line so if Tanguy isn't motivated then why on earth would he consider playing him?
Wasn't there talk this week of Nuno, Fabio and Ndombele having a meeting and a subsequent understanding that Ndombele that would get his head down and focus on playing for Spurs this season?

It's in Ndombele's interests that he performs on the pitch this season to get the move to a club he wants next season, if he stills wants it then. And it's in our interests that we get him performing so that we can recoup most if not all of our outlay on him. Not to mention what he would bring to the team on the pitch this season.

Wasn't there talk this week of Nuno, Fabio and Ndombele having a meeting and a subsequent understanding that Ndombele that would get his head down and focus on playing for Spurs this season?

It's in Ndombele's interests that he performs on the pitch this season to get the move to a club he wants next season, if he stills wants it then. And it's in our interests that we get him performing so that we can recoup most if not all of our outlay on him. Not to mention what he would bring to the team on the pitch this season.
That's what i find particularly galling. He's being paid a princely sum to deliver the goods & yet he needs convincing to turn up & give a s**t.

Even if Tanguy makes the bench today, I'd be surprised if we see him before the Thursday ECL game. Winks will likely be the player used from the bench in the 2nd half today.

On Thursday, I'm expecting us to be without Skipp (rested) and Gio (Croatia). That should see a start for Winks and Ndombele.

People at Tottenham claim the Ndombele cycle begins with him working hard in training, performing well on the pitch, getting carried away by moments of success, believing he should be at a higher level and then wanting to leave.

-AlasdairGold

We NEED him more than many realise.. I don't think he was bad last year at all. In fact I thought he was consistently one of our better players and worked very hard for the team. A Mourinho team is not the right fit for someone with his attributes. Still lots of question marks but in a team that lacks imagination and guile in midfield we have to give it a chance to work. I'd be binning Lo Celsi before nDombele.

At this stage we can't bin neither. They are our only hope of creating chances for our attacking players.