Grahams' Advice to N'Dombele.... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Grahams' Advice to N'Dombele....

So do you think that Tanguy could run as many miles as Dele does? From what I've seen, Nuno depends on one of Hojbjerg and Dele to be behind the ball with Skipp when we lose possession. If possible, it is all 3. The guy that is also enabling that is Bergwijn who looks to see if both are over-committed and then gets in behind the ball as well.

It is this piece of the system that Tanguy can break if he doesn't align with the team ethic philosophy. Clearly he has done it before as he used to play in a 2 man pivot in France.

Personally, I think this is what Nuno is waiting for in training.

Nope he cant run as many miles as dele. Not many can. But he can maintain possession 10x better than dele so maybe he doesnt need to run so much. If the team starts to move up the pitch, give him options with smart movement and doesnt stand around like statues then i see him as a big positive. I am falling back in love with Dele so that isnt a slight on him. I just think having a player who can go past players and maintain possession with absolute ease is a player worth having. We thought it enough to spend £50m+ on him and Man City bought a similar type player in grealish to think the same. Its a bit of a commodity these days and i think Gill as well can be that type of player rather than just outright pace.

Anyhow, i think he is worth one more go. If he takes it i have said i will back him. If he throws it back at us, he can do one. Nuno is going to need plenty of options in that midfield and i think it breeds competition within to have plenty of options rather than players thinking they are undroppable. Hell if Winks wants to join the party the door isnt shut, he just needs to forget the last 3 years of coaching which i dont think he is capable of

Nope he cant run as many miles as dele. Not many can. But he can maintain possession 10x better than dele so maybe he doesnt need to run so much. If the team starts to move up the pitch, give him options with smart movement and doesnt stand around like statues then i see him as a big positive. I am falling back in love with Dele so that isnt a slight on him. I just think having a player who can go past players and maintain possession with absolute ease is a player worth having. We thought it enough to spend £50m+ on him and Man City bought a similar type player in grealish to think the same. Its a bit of a commodity these days and i think Gill as well can be that type of player rather than just outright pace.

Anyhow, i think he is worth one more go. If he takes it i have said i will back him. If he throws it back at us, he can do one. Nuno is going to need plenty of options in that midfield and i think it breeds competition within to have plenty of options rather than players thinking they are undroppable. Hell if Winks wants to join the party the door isnt shut, he just needs to forget the last 3 years of coaching which i dont think he is capable of

Well I hope he can run more than Grealish. He's a right lazy so and so when he wants to be. You'd never put him in a box to box role in a 4-3-3 like we should do with Ndombele.

But I do agree, one more chance.

He's insufferable. Anybody with the talent he has who canters around like they don't give a **** can go & do one now. He's an embarrassment not only to himself but to the club he represents.

Well getting rid of Serge was a giant step in the right direction for NDomb's future at Spurs. And dont think for a second that this wasnt part of the consideration in terminating his contract.

Was thinking along those lines myself. When you think of how he engineered his exit from the club it doesn't take a great leap of faith to imagine what he has been whispering in Ndombele's ear.

The club and Nuno need to manage this, sit him down let him know the boundary’s what he chooses outlines his future. This club is bigger than any player he needs to understand his accountability. He signed a contract to play for Tottenham giving his best every game train and improve for that you will be paid ex £££££ + bonuses. Choose not too get sweet FA and rot, not good for his rep or international call ups…lost time is lost forever…we as a club will continue to grow with him or without…I hope he has some brain cells that compute there is only one winner here…Tottenham Hotspurs!!!!

Tanguy Ndombele wants to fight for his place at Tottenham and hopes to play within the next week

VIEW COMMENTS

1335243581.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
By
Dan Kilpatrick
@Dan_KP
33 minutes ago

Tanguy Ndombele wants to fight for his place at Tottenham and is hopeful of making his first appearance of the season in the next week.
Ndombele asked to leave the club during the transfer window and was not selected by head-coach Nuno Espirito Santo during pre-season or for any of their five matches in August.
The midfielder, who has trained all week, has spoken to Nuno and managing director Fabio Paratici since the window closed and accepted that he needs to work hard to return to the side.

Nuno last month questioned Ndombele’s attitude and may be reluctant to put him straight in for tomorrow lunchtime’s game at Crystal Palace after so little competitive football.

But Ndombele is hoping he could play in Thursday’s Europa Conference League match at Rennes, having been added to the squad list for the competition’s group stage after being left off for the two-legged play-off against Pacos de Ferreira.
Spurs are short of midfielders for the visit to Selhurst Park, with Oliver Skipp a doubt with a groin injury sustained on England U-21 duty and Giovani Lo Celso currently training in Croatia.

Tanguy Ndombele wants to fight for his place at Tottenham and hopes to play within the next week
VIEW COMMENTS

1335243581.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
By
Dan Kilpatrick
@Dan_KP
33 minutes ago

Tanguy Ndombele wants to fight for his place at Tottenham and is hopeful of making his first appearance of the season in the next week.
Ndombele asked to leave the club during the transfer window and was not selected by head-coach Nuno Espirito Santo during pre-season or for any of their five matches in August.
The midfielder, who has trained all week, has spoken to Nuno and managing director Fabio Paratici since the window closed and accepted that he needs to work hard to return to the side.

Nuno last month questioned Ndombele’s attitude and may be reluctant to put him straight in for tomorrow lunchtime’s game at Crystal Palace after so little competitive football.

But Ndombele is hoping he could play in Thursday’s Europa Conference League match at Rennes, having been added to the squad list for the competition’s group stage after being left off for the two-legged play-off against Pacos de Ferreira.
Spurs are short of midfielders for the visit to Selhurst Park, with Oliver Skipp a doubt with a groin injury sustained on England U-21 duty and Giovani Lo Celso currently training in Croatia.

Great news. This can only enhance the squad's chances of doing well this season.

It should, but ???, the proof of the pudding and all that.

His talent is undoubted; his fitness and application have (at times) been in my view unfairly adjudged; If he does commit himself totally and his family have resigned to not getting back to Europe and will now move out from the hotel(s) and buy a home here, then we could be in for a treat.

If he can remain injury-free, anything becomes possible this season - this is the difference he could make.

His talent is undoubted; his fitness and application have (at times) been in my view unfairly adjudged; If he does commit himself totally and his family have resigned to not getting back to Europe and will now move out from the hotel(s) and buy a home here, then we could be in for a treat.

If he can remain injury-free, anything becomes possible this season - this is the difference he could make.
Agree entirely, he just hasn't inspired any confidence as to his commitment thus far.

I read the other day he actually put in a transfer request. Is that true ? Which could be why Nuno said his attitude wasn't right or words to that effect.

I read the other day he actually put in a transfer request. Is that true ? Which could be why Nuno said his attitude wasn't right or words to that effect.

He put one in back at the end of the season, it's been widely reported here for a while now.

What Nuno said is it wasn't his job to convince him to stay and play.

It seems Ndombele hasn't convinced Nuno he wants to stay and play so far. So what has changed or what needs to change ?
If he put in a request and has changed his mind you have to question his mentality. Is he happy and grounded here ?

We NEED him more than many realise.. I don't think he was bad last year at all. In fact I thought he was consistently one of our better players and worked very hard for the team. A Mourinho team is not the right fit for someone with his attributes. Still lots of question marks but in a team that lacks imagination and guile in midfield we have to give it a chance to work. I'd be binning Lo Celsi before nDombele.

Interestingly.....who's job is it ?

No one's, it's a decision he will have had to make for himself (although his agent has a strong financial incentive to help persuade him), he's spent some time with Nuno and Paraticci this week, so I'm sure it would have been a mature and focussed discussion, hence the unattributable briefing to a favored pressman.