The international Break thread.. | Page 9 | Vital Football

The international Break thread..

Sanchez has annoyed the Colombian press for his alleged deliberate yellow and poor performance.
I didn't understand this. Surely if he's willing to go to this extent so that he has to leave early then surely a rational thinking Colombian FA would have just made an agreement with him to let him go home. It just doesn't make sense.

This entire international break has so many head scratching decisions.

Wow - so a new twist this afternoon. Brazil have invoked a FIFA ruling stating that 8 Prem players can't play for their clubs this weekend. BBC Sport running with the story - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58486811

If I were the Premier League and FA, I would just tell FIFA that these guys are playing and it is endorsed by the UK government. I would also make the statement that no player playing on British soil will be leaving the UK in the Oct and Nov fixtures unless FIFA can guarantee their arrival back in the designated international windows. Non-negotiable.

I'll never agree with that, when your country is on top and playing well, it's a great feeling - I still maintain that if we'd been managed by anyone other than Southgate, we'd have used our array of attacking talent and won the Euro's.[/QUOTE

Then play it in the off season. Kill qualifying, just have tournaments, last tourny sets quals for next.
International football is boring outside of the big tournaments anyway.

Wow - so a new twist this afternoon. Brazil have invoked a FIFA ruling stating that 8 Prem players can't play for their clubs this weekend. BBC Sport running with the story - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58486811

If I were the Premier League and FA, I would just tell FIFA that these guys are playing and it is endorsed by the UK government. I would also make the statement that no player playing on British soil will be leaving the UK in the Oct and Nov fixtures unless FIFA can guarantee their arrival back in the designated international windows. Non-negotiable.
This is becoming a joke , it should ( the World Cup ) be called off now .. it’s disrupting the domestic season this season , and will make a mockery of it next season .
FIFA should have stepped in and made these teams playing in the so called red zones , play the games where no quarantine would have been invoked .
It’s a farce, and it’s making a mockery out of a joke .

Shows he cares about the games this weekend . NOT ..

They had 5 sets of fresh legs against us. We had Grealish just prancing around and we had Mount just running around like a headless chicken.

What top manager in the world wouldn't have closed that game out by using their subs bench? We had Bellingham, Hendo, Lingard etc that could have made that last 10 mins way more comfortable.

I find it hilarious that the English FA, media and many fans love Southgate so much. Look at the squad of players that you have and he doesn't even trust 1 sub to come on when England are winning against a Poland side that has been poor of late.

I have to say I was mesmerised at the beauty and artistry being weaved on the left of their penalty area.
Time and time again we showed how intricate passes , ball control , and back passes were making them look like cart horses .
It was just a shame really no one remembered that the ball has to go in the direction of the goal at some time .

Can anyone remember more than one actual cross into the box .
There was one that Harry headed to the feet of the goalkeeper after two bounces !

I didn't understand this. Surely if he's willing to go to this extent so that he has to leave early then surely a rational thinking Colombian FA would have just made an agreement with him to let him go home. It just doesn't make sense.

This entire international break has so many head scratching decisions.
It makes even less sense when he defied the ruling from the club (apparently) and the PL to travel to Colombia in the first place. So now he is going to feel the wrath of the Colombian FA, Spurs and possibly the PL.

I can't help feeling the players are caught between a rock and a hard place. Pressure from their countries to travel and pressure from their clubs and the PL not to travel.

Last edited:
They had 5 sets of fresh legs against us. We had Grealish just prancing around and we had Mount just running around like a headless chicken.

What top manager in the world wouldn't have closed that game out by using their subs bench? We had Bellingham, Hendo, Lingard etc that could have made that last 10 mins way more comfortable.
Don’t forget we also had the powerhouse Sterling running things in the middle !!!!!!!

I find it hilarious that the English FA, media and many fans love Southgate so much. Look at the squad of players that you have and he doesn't even trust 1 sub to come on when England are winning against a Poland side that has been poor of late.

Southgate is truly shockingly tactically limited, which I'd said before and last night he proved yet again.

I pray we do not renew or extend his contract, last night's inactivity was plain dumb (again).