The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Lingard could have gone in the summer. He knew he wasn't getting anywhere at man utd but stayed to get another year of whatever ridiculous money he's on then leave on a free and doubtless get a fat signing on fee from whoever he ends up with. Absolute prick.

Lingard could have gone in the summer. He knew he wasn't getting anywhere at man utd but stayed to get another year of whatever ridiculous money he's on then leave on a free and doubtless get a fat signing on fee from whoever he ends up with. Absolute prick.

I think part of the reason he's not moved is the sky high fee that Manure are expecting for him - rumours of £40-50m. I would have thought West Ham would have gone back in for him otherwise

Decent player.
When he's motivated, ie playing for his man U future at West Spam, he a very good player.
Once he either moves or gets a new man u contract, will he turn up?
Didn't he say he even considered jacking the game in once?
In the Barkley, Deli Alli camp isn't he?

J Lingz has spent most of his career being a bag of shit so there's a risk that he can just revert to type.

Another that has wasted his career sitting on the bench at a sky wankfest club. 134 appearances and 18 goals in 10 years at Manure is piss poor. Back and forth on loan hasn't helped him at all. Too comfortable getting shit loads of dosh for nothing

Another that has wasted his career sitting on the bench at a sky wankfest club. 134 appearances and 18 goals in 10 years at Manure is piss poor. Back and forth on loan hasn't helped him at all. Too comfortable getting shit loads of dosh for nothing
He is more into the "lifestyle" than the football, another twat who doesn't realise what he has until it's too late. Another Moosic boy that just happens to be good at football

J Lingz has spent most of his career being a bag of shit so there's a risk that he can just revert to type.

That's just completely not true.

He had 2 or 3 succesfull loan spells as a youngster, then broke into the Man United team and 4 very successful seasons at one of the best teams in the world.

He basically had a bad 12-18 months where he fell out of favour, then ripped it up for West Ham.

I make that 6-7 years good, 12-18 months bad, so saying he's been a bag of shit for most of his career is nonsense.

Last edited:
134 appearances and 18 goals in 10 years at Manure is piss poor. Back and forth on loan hasn't helped him at all.

If any of that were true it would be a compelling argument.

He was a United regular for 4 years having broken into the team late 2015 and falling out of favour late 2019.

He actually scored 33 goals in that time which pisses over Grealish's numbers.

Back and forth on loan??? He had a few loans as a kid, as lots of young players do. Harry Kane did similar before breaking into the Spurs team. Since becoming an established player he's had 1 loan spell, with West Ham, and he ripped it up.

That's just completely not true.

He had 2 or 3 succesfull loan spells as a youngster, then broke into the Man United team and 4 very successful seasons at one of the best teams in the world.

He basically had a bad 12-18 months where he fell out of favour, then ripped it up for West Ham.

I make that 6-7 years good, 12-18 months bad, so saying he's been a bag of shit for most of his career is nonsense.
Are you his agent? He has basically had one good season at United. He's the very definition of a player spending most of his career underdelivering.

Careful mate. Lingard's agent posts on here.

Spin out however you want. 134 appearances in 10 years at one club for a 28 year old says it all for me.

Not good enough or rated at that level for that club by successive managers .

Pleased he did so well for West Ham, shame he sat on his arse and showed no ambition to move to play regularly following it.

If any of that were true it would be a compelling argument.

He was a United regular for 4 years having broken into the team late 2015 and falling out of favour late 2019.

He actually scored 33 goals in that time which pisses over Grealish's numbers.

Back and forth on loan??? He had a few loans as a kid, as lots of young players do. Harry Kane did similar before breaking into the Spurs team. Since becoming an established player he's had 1 loan spell, with West Ham, and he ripped it up.

I suspect that if Grealish wasn't playing with Jordan Ayew et al but playing with the quality Lingard was playing with at the time his numbers would be better aswell.

I suspect that if Grealish wasn't playing with Jordan Ayew et al but playing with the quality Lingard was playing with at the time his numbers would be better aswell.

It's not going to be even close tbh
15 goals in 96 for what'shisname with our lot
(so already ahead)

the magical jlingz is only just ahead of our also departed Conor for goals per game