The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

It's a strange one, considering they could technically arrive in Croatia and get on another plane back to England on the same day without the need to isolate if they really wanted too

It doesn't work like that, you have to declare if you've been in another country other than the one you've flown in from. With all that's gone on in the last 24 hours, I couldn't see them trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes about that

It doesn't work like that, you have to declare if you've been in another country other than the one you've flown in from. With all that's gone on in the last 24 hours, I couldn't see them trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes about that

Lets try and do an Argentina!

Smuggle them back to London and lock the changing room door at Stamford Bridge then see if the authorities have got the bollocks to invade the pitch 5 mins into the Chelsea match

Are they're not already pulling the wool people`s eyes or at least circumventing isolation restrictions by flying into Croatia so not having to quarantine for 10 days. What's the point in doing that if the player still can't play for over ten days anyway. You might as well fly directly into the UK and spend the next 10 in a quarantine hotel, EMI and the other lad will have played less than a lot of our other players and had plenty of rest between now and Saturday. For me, it's seems ridiculous to be going to these lengths for no gain.
They are going to train with Hajduk Split apparently.
i know, me neither

Are they're not already pulling the wool people`s eyes or at least circumventing isolation restrictions by flying into Croatia so not having to quarantine for 10 days. What's the point in doing that if the player still can't play for over ten days anyway. You might as well fly directly into the UK and spend the next 10 in a quarantine hotel, EMI and the other lad will have played less than a lot of our other players and had plenty of rest between now and Saturday. For me, it's seems ridiculous to be going to these lengths for no gain.

The problem with coming back to the UK is that they can't train in a quarantine hotel, they would only be able to sit in their rooms, at least this way they get to train (with Hajduk Split) and then come back to the UK.

The training part is the problem for us.

If you like reading quarantine wording this is the official entry requirements from the Croatian health authorities

https://mup.gov.hr/uzg-covid/english/286212

Last edited:

No because they still aren’t entering the UK in the 10 days after leaving South America. It makes sense to me to keep them training and be ready for the 1st game back. Maybe we are sending someone over to Split to work with them.

No because they still aren’t entering the UK in the 10 days after leaving South America. It makes sense to me to keep them training and be ready for the 1st game back. Maybe we are sending someone over to Split to work with them.

We are bound to be.

Good that they only miss one game as agreed. Some had them missing the Man Utd game as well , but as Brucey would say you have to ignore the mass hysteria.

They don't have to wait 10 days because there coming via Croatia that the whole point if they wanted to they could arrive in Croatia tonight and leave for The UK in the morning all they need is a negative Covid test before they leave and a few days after they return. Croatia was not randomly picked, it was picked to get around the 10-day isolation thing. This is what a shed load of people have done to get around quarantine rules coming from red list countries.

Pretty sure it doesnt work like that, otherwise everyone would be trying it. I recently returned from abroad myself and you have to declare what countries you've visited in the last 14 days on the locator forms. If you put a red list country on it, you will need to isolate. If it was like you say they would be straight on a plane from Split to BHX

Pretty sure it doesnt work like that, otherwise everyone would be trying it. I recently returned from abroad myself and you have to declare what countries you've visited in the last 14 days on the locator forms. If you put a red list country on it, you will need to isolate. If it was like you say they would be straight on a plane from Split to BHX
Ah, OK! that makes sense, I was under the impression that it was allowed they must have changed the rules or i misinterpreted them

Having been to Split I would NOT be straight on a plane to BHX.

Kalinic will give them plenty of shooting practice.

Simple. Swap Martinez for Oblak plus a few million.
Apparently they can't afford to sign any players due to the silly wages bill they have, so need to offload someone on high wages to be able to sign players. He is the one the "journalist" has come up with

I'm beginning to question Martinez's mental attitudes. He appears never to shut up about Arsenal. He has so much angst since leaving them. Plus this Argy trip. He must have known the rules (and Villa should).
For some on the forum to even suggest swapping him suggests the honeymoon is over.

I'm beginning to question Martinez's mental attitudes. He appears never to shut up about Arsenal. He has so much angst since leaving them. Plus this Argy trip. He must have known the rules (and Villa should).
For some on the forum to even suggest swapping him suggests the honeymoon is over.
I think it's more "Arsenal fans" that won't let it go, I don't think Martinez is bothered I really don't.