The World Cup Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

And therin lies the problem mate. Fifa making more and more demands for their competitions, along with Eufa and their tinpot cups. They are stealing our season bit by bit.
Yep, and we've got this merry go round to look forward to next month aswell, all amidst key games for AVFC .

Not talking about the first game. They could have left after that." Aston Villa did not understand the regulations of Brazil and why it happened." From Martinez. Maybe proper explanation to Martinez and Buendia about their legal situation in all of this might have led to a different outcome. There must also be legal grounds on the basis they would be flouting the actual law (as opposed to speculation on exceptions).

So they would still have gone out there. All the talk has been about us refusing to let them get on the plane to Argentina in the first place.

"Aston Villa did not understand the regulations of Brazil and why it happened". This is what Martinez said. Don't know what he thought. Rules are pretty elastic in Brazil but everyone should have known what the rules as written were. Questions should be asked of Villa.
Elsewhere that quote is "*I* did not understand the regulations of Brazil". Strange.

Whatever he said, and I'll do this in capitals: IT'S NOT FOR ASTON VILLA TO INVESTIGATE AND SORT TRAVEL/ENTRY ARRANGEMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TEAMS.

Simon Jordan:

“If players can’t play because it was in a red list country, they should have accepted it.
“The clubs should have had more backbone. The Tottenham situation is slightly different. The players have done precisely what they wanted and there should be consequences.”
On Villa allowing Martinez and Buendia to travel, Jordan added: “That’s weak on Villa’s part, they backed down to player power.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...la-martinez-buendia-brazil-argentina-21502145

that he's 'nervous' (but still powerless)
how's that making a difference ?

"We already have a significant congestion issue with World Cup qualifying games in South America so between now and October I really hope to see a sensible arrangement put in place because nobody wants to see a repeat of what happened.

"That would make any reasonable club executive feel incredibly nervous about releasing players for overseas travel while we are in the midst of this crisis."

That was the bit I had in mind.

Whatever he said, and I'll do this in capitals: IT'S NOT FOR ASTON VILLA TO INVESTIGATE AND SORT TRAVEL/ENTRY ARRANGEMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TEAMS.[/QUOTE]
Nobody said they have to. I said they should have checked. No need to get shouty!

The bottom line is if you told your boss you were going to a red list country and wouldn't be in work for the next 10 days when you got back I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be going or you'd be looking for another job on your return.

What makes footballers special?

The bottom line is if you told your boss you were going to a red list country and wouldn't be in work for the next 10 days when you got back I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be going or you'd be looking for another job on your return.

Sack them and you'd be losing a massive amount of investment, to other clubs benefit. Will that do?

Sack them and you'd be losing a massive amount of investment, to other clubs benefit. Will that do?
Exactly mate that's why they are holding the club to ransom, hence all the bollocks. Must be one of the few jobs in the world where the employees do as they like and the management have to suck it up

Whatever he said, and I'll do this in capitals: IT'S NOT FOR ASTON VILLA TO INVESTIGATE AND SORT TRAVEL/ENTRY ARRANGEMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TEAMS.
Nobody said they have to. I said they should have checked. No need to get shouty![/QUOTE]
How would Villa check what agreements the AFA might have in place with Brazilian authorities? And then do that for every player on international duty.

Each country's international team is responsible for the duty of care to each player from the moment they're released to them.

I definitely see the way forward with this though. Sign a player. Then tell him that the club decide when he plays for his country. Then if we do let the player go off and play then the club will sit thousands of miles away and dictate to the country FA how they run their team and manage their players while away.

What an attractive club we will be for top players.

Erm.

Their 'bosses' told them they could go .

Or to make it even more simple .

Emi Martinez and Emi Buendia were told by Aston Villa football club they were allowed to go and play for their country during this international break

Erm.

Their 'bosses' told them they could go .

Or to make it even more simple .

Emi Martinez and Emi Buendia were told by Aston Villa football club they were allowed to go and play for their country during this international break

one thing begrudgingly allowing them to go and another where they have you by the bollocks and you have little choice .
I doubt they went with Deano waving them off from the airport and shouting have a great time lads , don't forget the postcards.

Nobody said they have to. I said they should have checked. No need to get shouty!
How would Villa check what agreements the AFA might have in place with Brazilian authorities? And then do that for every player on international duty.

Each country's international team is responsible for the duty of care to each player from the moment they're released to them.[/QUOTE]
You're pretty dogged with the duty of care routine. You don't have to keep repeating it. It's quite clear to anybody that if you run through the deal to work out when they would be back you would have a problem with the Brazil regulations.Villa surely would have done that before saying the players would only miss one game. At that point you can ask the AFA to see the agreement with Brazil. You can disagree on whether they should have done it but I'd call it not doing your homework.

Don't panic,things will surely improve once they've approved the World Cup for every 2 years....WTF! Citeh will need 3 squads then.- one for non internationals :yes: