Tickets:- Cambridge (A) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tickets:- Cambridge (A)

Yeah fair enough, I managed to buy tickets at Wycombe this way, just seems to me that it’s actively putting off those who want to make a last minute decision. I understand for games that will sell out (which Cambridge might do) but it just seems odd for games where everyone knows there’ll be plenty of space in the away end. I guess the club is duty bound to push sales through Ticketmaster regardless.

Or are they are duty bound by the Home club wanting to sell tickets so they have an idea of home many will travel. As Sincil Bank has become no cash sales most other grounds have as well so getting say 900 turning up to Cambridge to pay on the day is not feasible any more so the more tickets sold in advance helps the home club plan for staffing and avoids unneeded queues.

Yeah fair enough, I managed to buy tickets at Wycombe this way, just seems to me that it’s actively putting off those who want to make a last minute decision. I understand for games that will sell out (which Cambridge might do) but it just seems odd for games where everyone knows there’ll be plenty of space in the away end. I guess the club is duty bound to push sales through Ticketmaster regardless.

It's like everything now organisations want a good idea of how many are going to turn up. This way they can make efficient decisions on staff, catering stock etc. Additionally they have your money guaranteed whether you turn up or not and they don't have to waste resources counting sorting and banking cash.

Nowadays it's all about being environmentally friendly and minimising waste which I totally agree with. The trouble is staff and others can't take away unused stock and it just gets thrown away because of the litigation culture we have which I think is a terrible waste.

I agree it is a bit of a pain sometimes but I can see the reasons why clubs do it.

Actively making it more difficult for fans to buy tickets. I realise I’m pissing in the wind here but for games that aren’t going to sell out why can’t we just rock up and pay on the day?

We do, essentially because my boys and their girlfriends, or my own local friends, don’t always know whether they will be working until virtually the day of a game.

Oxford was so easy, rocked up to the ticket office (next to the away supporters entrance) no queue, bought tickets, unallocated seating so all sat together. No extra cost for tickets on the day. No hassle, perfect apart from the City performance.

You can pretty easily determine if games will sell out, in which case buy tickets in advance.

I don’t see the issue in buying tickets in advance, no extra fees now unlike previous seasons.
When the system eventually allowed me to buy a pair of tickets together, I was pleasantly surprised when there were no additional fees, and postage was only £1.00.

Managed to get my two once the assign seat bit appeared so the system is fine. Pleasantly surprised that postage was only a quid as I expected more than that

Didn't we sell out or nearly sell out last time at Cambridge?

We did but different circumstances (L2 Cowley promotion season). I doubt we will have 1,000 this time based on away ends so far. I've tried to book the terrace (which is a better view) but it seems to be only selling seats (which is behind the goal) so I'll wait for a bit and see what happens. Got a few days yet.

Finally managed, after about 10 minutes of puzzlement to order my ticket. I begin to think that website is designed by the same person who designed the numbers on the back of the home shirts.

Managed to get 3 tickets for myself and 2 grandsons with no problems and pleasantly surprised to only pay a pound for postage!!
UTI!

I'll bump this up - has anyone seen anything regarding the away end being seated only. Abbey Stadium away stand is about 4 miles behind the goal- Habbin terrace is much better (if standing doesn't bother you).

Or am I being pedantic? Tickets only say for seating area....

I'll bump this up - has anyone seen anything regarding the away end being seated only. Abbey Stadium away stand is about 4 miles behind the goal- Habbin terrace is much better (if standing doesn't bother you).

Normally I would agree that a side view is always better however on this occasion I have to disagree. The side terrace at Cambridge is low and because it's shared with home fans you have segregation fences in the way and you can't see the bottom corner of the pitch. Although the seating is back from the pitch the whole stand is elevated even the front row is 2 metres off the ground and because it's a canterlever roof there are no stanchions. Having experienced both on many occasions on this rare occasion I think the seated end stand is better.

In answer to your question there are only tickets available in the end stand anyway at the moment.

Rang Cambridge and the terrace will only be open if we sell out our 1400 seated allocation, otherwise the Habbin will be used for home supporters. As good as our support is, can't see us selling out. Shame as must be one of the only side terraces left.

Rang Cambridge and the terrace will only be open if we sell out our 1400 seated allocation, otherwise the Habbin will be used for home supporters. As good as our support is, can't see us selling out. Shame as must be one of the only side terraces left.
We've sold over 800 so far.

Yep- seating it is going to be then.

Odd how our away support has really dropped off whilst STs have remained steady and strong. I'll be there anyway- just a shame we can't stand for this one (for those who want to)
Results etc will have some impact.

I would imagine though the pandemic is playing it's part.

If you take the most cautious supporter, they may be prepared to pay for a ST with the view they may feel like using it next April, when covid rates "could" be a lot lower, if they are able to afford so to do.

If you are a bit less cautious you might be happy to go to home games where you feel comfortable and know where you will be sitting and who is around you but not so keen to travel to away game, which may have more uncertainty around it.

800 have no such worries but to think 100% of people are behaving exactly as they did pre covid, would be unlikely?