Tick tock | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tick tock

Interesting comments from Michael regarding other teams spending in the window ' 12 clubs have spent ridiculous money ' only 3 can go up.
Living the dream to bankrupt your club.

Sadly if there is another covid lockdown you could be right. I can’t believe the money some clubs are spending after the losses over the last 18 months.

I'd have no problem with Sam Long staying. I thought he looked a real prospect tonight. Confident and speedy distribution, positive, and a decent save.

I don't think we have ever had a goalie develope when sent out to the lower leagues on loan. Not sure why, but that seems to be the level they end up playing at. Better he stays here, learns, and plays the odd game.

I'd have no problem with Sam Long staying. I thought he looked a real prospect tonight. Confident and speedy distribution, positive, and a decent save.

I don't think we have ever had a goalie develope when sent out to the lower leagues on loan. Not sure why, but that seems to be the level they end up playing at. Better he stays here, learns, and plays the odd game.

We've never had a young goalie develop full stop!

Right. I am getting impatient now My bottle of Chablis is down to the last half a glass and unless Everton/Swansea/whomever get it sorted soon I will run out.

Please just get it done. We are in Akinola hour now and I don't like it.

Stuart Naylor and that lad we sold to Villa whose name escapes me (Lee Butler?), when we got relegated to the conference in the 80's.
Depends what criteria for developing. In my memory we signed Butler from a non league club, albeit as a youngster.