Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 614 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

I’m such a tea snob I order Lyons from across the Irish Sea. Tetley takes like shit, PG tips is mass produced and the quality has declined I assume as the accountants have started playing about with the margins.

A lot of the Yorkshire folk I work with swear by Yorkshire tea but you could make condoms with holes in them and call them “Yorkshire Jonnies” and they’d swear by them.

So for me, it’s Lyons or Barry’s tea from across the stream.

How did you get a taste for Lyons?

No surprise really BB I'm always right:yes:

Seriously we have a local restaurant/cafe run by two very nice Polish lads, anyway bearing in mind I'm 63 and have been making tea for 50 odd years, I got told by one of these mere lads to let the tea stand for 5 minutes before I poured it.
It was made in a china teapot with tea leaves and served with china cups and saucers.
The sort my Granny had in the display cabinet when I was a child, I just politely smiled at him and said I know.

I saw a tea expert (probably on youtube) talking about not leaving it to brew for more than 5 minutes.

It did make me wonder if people pay for such advice.

How did you get a taste for Lyons?

Irish influence. A old neighbour of mine brought Barry’s back home whenever she went, which I liked when she made me a cuppa. So I started on Barry’s, but an Irish lady I work with swore by Lyons. The wholesaler I bought from couldn’t get me Barry’s once so I tried Lyons and haven’t looked back. I get a box of 600 bags off Amazon every 6 months or so, it is ridiculously more expensive than buying PG tips or what have you but life’s too for the sake of £30 every 6 months or so for a lovely cuppa.

Irish influence. A old neighbour of mine brought Barry’s back home whenever she went, which I liked when she made me a cuppa. So I started on Barry’s, but an Irish lady I work with swore by Lyons. The wholesaler I bought from couldn’t get me Barry’s once so I tried Lyons and haven’t looked back. I get a box of 600 bags off Amazon every 6 months or so, it is ridiculously more expensive than buying PG tips or what have you but life’s too for the sake of £30 every 6 months or so for a lovely cuppa.

I've honestly never been able to taste the difference, only thing I can say for certain is Lyons and Barrys are both better than any other tea brand I've ever had.

Ever drank that America Liptons shite? Brutal tea. Need like 5 bags to get any strength out of it.

I've honestly never been able to taste the difference, only thing I can say for certain is Lyons and Barrys are both better than any other tea brand I've ever had.

Ever drank that America Liptons shite? Brutal tea. Need like 5 bags to get any strength out of it.

They sell Liptons here. Nobody buys it. I don't know how they make any money.

Yeah, agree with Trekker, where were the places sirdennis, I'd like to avoid them.

(and ouch, hope it heals nice and quickly)

It's a mess. Broken the same finger 3 times now and they reckon the previous fracture hasn't healed properly anyway. They think the tendon is ruptured as well . Will know more when I go to the fracture clinic next week

It's a mess. Broken the same finger 3 times now and they reckon the previous fracture hasn't healed properly anyway. They think the tendon is ruptured as well . Will know more when I go to the fracture clinic next week

Suppose not many of you batsmen escape without a few broken fingers?