The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 66 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

I had a £5 bet with my mate a few weeks ago that Wesley would never score another goal for Villa.

When he came off the bench on Sunday I wasn't worried in the slightest.

Was it Deano shouting "Wes get in the box" when that cross from SJM came in and Ollie headed it across to Davis?
2 mins to go and you have to tell him to get in the box. We had two players against about 6 defenders.
Yes I believe that was smith although a bit more sweary than that.

I’m not going to criticise Wes in his first cameo back but yeah I was surprised to see him come short to the half way line when all we could do at that stage is pump it into the box. He had a decent header later. I don’t think he’ll ever be our number 1 striker again but hopefully he can at least be a useful back up

Yes I believe that was smith although a bit more sweary than that.

I’m not going to criticise Wes in his first cameo back but yeah I was surprised to see him come short to the half way line when all we could do at that stage is pump it into the box. He had a decent header later. I don’t think he’ll ever be our number 1 striker again but hopefully he can at least be a useful back up

Yep As I said in another thread I's start all 3 him Davis and Watkins as a proper 3 pronged attack. Something different, Wesley won't be match fit until next season I don't think anyawy

I am looking forward to him "leaving a mark" in a certain game in the group stages.
Now that would be sweet because "when I look around the dressing room at Villa I don't see much quality" might come back to haunt someone.
Good luck Wes and show what player you can be.

When he first came he fell over too easy. He was just getting used to the physicality when the Burnley thugs crocked him.
His mental toughness seems to be wanting. There is a player in there.

Just spent some considerable time trawling through weird websites to try and find some info.

It would appear, if I'm interpreting correctly, he has started 1 game for Brugge and had 2 as sub.

What the hell is going on?

Sadly, i think he is finished at any kind of level. The injury has done for him.

The red card in preseason may as well have been a red flag instead. Psychologically fucked to put it mildly. I really feel for the lad.

What a bizarre signing, especially considering it was our record fee at the time.

The scouts who watched him should be sacked. And early on in this thread I was saying our scouting seems to have gotten better but actually Wes was a disaster and the post where Deano’s uncle likened him to Heskey was probably the most accurate description of him.

His touch is terrible for a Brazilian with international caps.