Aston Villa v Brentford Match Thread 28/8 3pm | Page 7 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford Match Thread 28/8 3pm

Plenty for the Brentford coach to work on as he no doubts he will be telling his players to get down our flanks and attack our full-backs particularly Matt Targett. I really hope his form has returned and Ashley Young backs him up this time instead of watching him get overrun as he did against Watford?

Scary line up that. Important day for Chuk, fingers crossed for the lad.

Young as a winger protecting Targett was a horror show against Watford. Do Brentford have any quick players? Would have rather seen Buendia out wide, with Dougie being more advanced and Marv in the middle.

Targett was one of the players of last season. Why the dissing of him after
one poor game at Watford .

And let's be honest, good game or not last week. If Ramsey is such a crucial loss we are not as strong as some think this season.
But he isn't is he.

Mcginn yes . Big loss. Mings.Yes but Axel is more than decent.
Sure. But the question over Targett's fitness/sharpness is still there. Our left side: Young (not the quickest), Carney (inexperience), Targett (sharpness/fitness), Axel (backup) is where I'd be targeting if I were Brentford.

Targett was one of the players of last season. Why the dissing of him after one poor game at Watford .

And let's be honest, good game or not last week. If Ramsey is such a crucial loss we are not as strong as some think this season.
But he isn't is he.

Mcginn yes . Big loss. Mings.Yes but Axel is more than decent.
Yes, come on lads thank goodness we have had the recruitment we have over the last two years. Even a "weak" side today is a decent side compared to two years a go.

Sure. But the question over Targett's fitness/sharpness is still there. Our left side: Young (not the quickest), Carney (inexperience), Targett (sharpness/fitness), Axel (backup) is where I'd be targeting if I were Brentford.

It'll be a surprise to them as it is for us hopefully.