Hard & Fast Rules | Vital Football

Hard & Fast Rules

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Do you have any hard and fast rules in life?

I don't do cheese.

I don't do dancing - unless I find a time machine to take me back to the chemically enhanced early 90's.

I don't do karaoke - never have, never will, although I will happily burst into song when the fancy takes me.

I don't do fancy dress - did it at a party or two as a kid, and at school, left it there never to be re-visited. The fancy dress at the cricket baffles and bores me.

I don't smile to order for photos, although I know two American ladies who have used witchcraft to picture me smiling!

I don't have conversations with people who say they have a phobio / dislike of hospitals. No one likes hospitals you lame brained dicks.

What rules do you have in life?!?!?!?!?

How are we even friends? I love cheese, I love dancing, I love kareokee, I love fancy dress, I always smile for photos.

I do love hospitals though. All that suffering... Just marvelous!

Oh and in answer to the question, I don't think I do have any rules I can think of... I don't buy Apple products I suppose, but that's not so much a rule I just like value for money.

Otherwise I'm pretty flexible.

How are we even friends? I love cheese, I love dancing, I love kareokee, I love fancy dress, I always smile for photos.

I do love hospitals though. All that suffering... Just marvelous!

It is funny isn't it? So much alike and yet we do have so many differences! I don't, for instance, fall asleep standing up!

I can't think of any rules I have for myself. I try to be flexible. Still, I'm sure I have some. I'll have to figure out what they are.

One I've developed is don't buy stuff, especially clothes, when you need it. Buy it when it's cheap and keep it until you need it.

The only rule I have ever tried to stick to is that I wont knowingly do another person a bad turn, and my wife and I have tried to bring the kids up the same way.

I also don't like to do, but have had to get better at it, small talk. Odd, as I can talk for hours (as deano will attest) and have no issue doing interviews on live tv etc, but I really am not the sort who naturally strikes up a 'what do you do' type of conversation.

I struck gold at Deano's wedding, ended up next to a lady I'd not met before, being a wedding, I thought I had to say something, so asked what she did. She was a criminal physiologist, so the conversation was brilliant, I had touched on it in my Gov/Politics degree in police and criminal justice section.

Another, recently, was on a plane. Lady sat opposite, I could tell she was the chatty sort, so went to put my ipod on. I was wincing in pain (I'd had an operation in Barcelona) and she asked if I was ok. Fine, blah blah blah. She said she'd got a disease, (oh fuck me I thought, here we go!) but it turns out the same rare brain aches that I have. What were the chances?! Ended up a good conversation!

i dont do risotto.... its the devils do dah....

and i dont do transphobes.... obviously

I don't eat anything with bones in.

I have never had a fizzy drink

I will not and have not ever had any food from Macdonalds , KFC , Burger King etc.