Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City

The goalkeeper is very much learning his trade, we can only hope he learns quickly and it all clicks.

We have too many players out and a lot of those who are available don't look fit either, so this has been made into a very hard start. It doesn't help that we've played two of the most direct and physical teams in the league away from home already.

Being spoiled, and not meaning to be critical of individuals, I don't like the combination of Jackson and Melbourne at the back. It's enforced, but it's not good and it makes us much weaker in the centre than we would otherwise be, both defending and attacking.

Very poor today. A team who are set up to pass the ball and couldn't against a side who couldn't pass the ball and had no intention of doing so. The result was stop start game and turnovers galore.

Too many hospital balls both in terms of direction and speed, little pace in the side, everyone coming short and no-one stretching the play, Jackson had a bit of a mare bar two blocks, Edun's passing was all over the shop, Bridcutt's passing was way off, the less said about Hakeem the better - that was a performance of Bohan Dixon's level in terms of application i.e. cruised through the game and Hopper tried but ultimately got little support.

Conceding such a bad early goal doesn't help. Rather ironic that Bridcutt lost the ball in midfield after his comments in the Echo earlier in the week, Melbourne was nowhere near Vokes and it looked on first viewing like Griffiths could have come for it? That gave Wycombe the chance to spend the last 87 mins, or 111 minutes as it turned out, to slow the game down and take an age over everything.

All that said, we did create two very good chances that we should have put away.

Sorenson looked tidy, Scully tried but nothing really happened for him, likewise MGrandles, Poole steady enough.

Lacking in three or four positions at the minute, but some of those are down to injuries rather than needing more players although more pace in attacking areas is required IMO.

The goalkeeper is very much learning his trade, we can only hope he learns quickly and it all clicks.

We have too many players out and a lot of those who are available don't look fit either, so this has been made into a very hard start. It doesn't help that we've played two of the most direct and physical teams in the league away from home already.

Being spoiled, and not meaning to be critical of individuals, I don't like the combination of Jackson and Melbourne at the back. It's enforced, but it's not good and it makes us much weaker in the centre than we would otherwise be, both defending and attacking.

Stop it. We're the finished article and we're doomed.

Doom and gloom in abundance. Quelle surprise! We're a couple of weeks behind most teams due to MApp's op and pre-season injuries. Not making any judgments for at least half a dozen more games. Wycombe are a horrible side to play.

Very poor today. A team who are set up to pass the ball and couldn't against a side who couldn't pass the ball and had no intention of doing so. The result was stop start game and turnovers galore.

Too many hospital balls both in terms of direction and speed, little pace in the side, everyone coming short and no-one stretching the play, Jackson had a bit of a mare bar two blocks, Edun's passing was all over the shop, Bridcutt's passing was way off, the less said about Hakeem the better - that was a performance of Bohan Dixon's level in terms of application i.e. cruised through the game and Hopper tried but ultimately got little support.

Conceding such a bad early goal doesn't help. Rather ironic that Bridcutt lost the ball in midfield after his comments in the Echo earlier in the week, Melbourne was nowhere near Vokes and it looked on first viewing like Griffiths could have come for it? That gave Wycombe the chance to spend the last 87 mins, or 111 minutes as it turned out, to slow the game down and take an age over everything.

All that said, we did create two very good chances that we should have put away.

Sorenson looked tidy, Scully tried but nothing really happened for him, likewise MGrandles, Poole steady enough.

Lacking in three or four positions at the minute, but some of those are down to injuries rather than needing more players although more pace in attacking areas is required IMO.
Yup , that about sums it all up. Even Edun, was just ok today. And that’s probably slightly generous. But it’s only August and we should all trust in the big Apple.

OK performances could have/need to be better but 4 games we have probably got what we would have expected out of three of the games. The only one we probably expected more out of was the Bolton game, which was probably our best performance. Its going to be a tough season where the fans will need to be patient. If we can compete at the right end of the table and secure another season in League 1 we have to see that as an acheivemnt IMO. Anything over this will be a bonus, a bit like last season.

Not enforced as Montsma is on the bench.

OK performances could have/need to be better but 4 games we have probably got what we would have expected out of three of the games. The only one we probably expected more out of was the Bolton game, which was probably our best performance. Its going to be a tough season where the fans will need to be patient. If we can compete at the right end of the table and secure another season in League 1 we have to see that as an acheivemnt IMO. Anything over this will be a bonus, a bit like last season.

I do worry that least season's comments about being a year ahead of schedule might bite us a bit. Basically that's set last season's achievements as this season's expectation - and I assume that's within the club in terms of the targets they've set, not just amongst fans.

It's amazing how a year of not being able to attend matches has changed me. First away game we were still in Carbis Bay and I didn't miss not being there, and the same applies to Shrewsbury and Wycombe. Didn't miss not being at either of those.

Hey, enjoy your holidays and down-time. Way, way more important than LCFC.

I do worry that least season's comments about being a year ahead of schedule might bite us a bit. Basically that's set last season's achievements as this season's expectation - and I assume that's within the club in terms of the targets they've set, not just amongst fans.
Unfortunately, as you know, my expectations of this season are bottom half of table but not relegation. We underperformed 2nd half of last season when we were in the best position for auto promotion to Championship for donkeys years, playing the best football I have seen in nigh on 60 years of support. And yes, I know, Covid, injuries, small squad and too many games every week didn't help, but we f----d it up and it will be a few seasons , I fear, before we are in a similar position again. UTI.

Unfortunately, as you know, my expectations of this season are bottom half of table but not relegation. We underperformed 2nd half of last season when we were in the best position for auto promotion to Championship for donkeys years, playing the best football I have seen in nigh on 60 years of support. And yes, I know, Covid, injuries, small squad and too many games every week didn't help, but we f----d it up and it will be a few seasons , I fear, before we are in a similar position again. UTI.
Spot on assessment of our situation.

I just hope it’s not another 40 years, as I doubt most of us who were at Craven Cottage will be there to witness it.

Not enforced as Montsma is on the bench.
He's there as emergency back up? Think ideally management would like to give his dislocated shoulder time to settle down, he's now had 3 games on the bench and equally important Jackson has had 3 full games in that time.

Rest for one, some game time for the other on Tuesday?