What is the preferable Centre-half pairing? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What is the preferable Centre-half pairing?

Thought Poole had a great game last night, which Would certainly make it hard to drop him for TJ. As for the centre half position, I would always start with Jackson as he is a the rock the back. Walsh would be my pairing for him but is this where TJ is going to slot in? As for Edun, would much prefer him to play a more central role further up the pitch but you’ve got to assume MAPP is not happy using Bramall in the LB role. That leaves Montsma. Again how can you not start with him but would you drop Jackson at the minute. Selection issues that are great to have and maybe there will be some movement out of the club. Whatever happens, It will be interesting to see how things develop.

If all fit, we have an embarrassment of riches in thhe back four, including the CENTRE BACKS! Maybe a horses for courses situation for MA, depending the opponents and how they set up?

Eyoma and Montsma would be mine. I think they complement each other really well.

For me, Walsh and Montsma are competing for one spot and Eyoma and Jackson are competing for the other.

I wonder if we may be expecting a bid for Monster?
I hope not as I like the way he brings the ball out of defence and his set piece skills in the oppositions box, but it would not surprise me. Remember he was in the league one team of last season.

I hope not as I like the way he brings the ball out of defence and his set piece skills in the oppositions box, but it would not surprise me. Remember he was in the league one team of last season.

I do hope not as Lewis has said he will never leave me. Although, as it was in Dutch it could just as easily have been "F*** off, you weirdo".

I felt a bit like if he had carried on second half of the season 20/21 as he did the first, it was inevitable. As it is I think teams might be keen to watch him a little longer!

Remember he was in the league one team of last season.

That's occurred to me too. Hopefully he wouldn't leave while Walsh is still out, so maybe in the January transfer window.

We are reliant on whoever plays centre back to be good on the ball and start attacks. If not the opposition will just let that player have possession.

it seems to me, though I don't look too closely, that Jackson is the weakest of our main defenders in that area so my preferred pairing would definitely include Montsma. OK, he'll most likely get caught in possession or get intercepted a few times trying things, but it gives us a better springboard to attacks. He was very good at switching play and also at playing that straight fast ball we do into the central midfielder in space. And he can carry the ball without looking like he's about to fall over.

This seems very harsh to say but I still don't think Melbourne is really capable of playing L1 football and his career would be better served if he found himself another club in L2 where he would be more than good enough and could potentially blossom.

Poole looks good at right back despite small negative criticism so Eyoma for me is a centre back…with Walsh, dare l say it.