Joe Morrell joins Pompey | Vital Football

Joe Morrell joins Pompey

Had to smile at the tweet of DC's daughter Facetiming her 'favourite player'. He probably only played half a dozen times for Danny!

Wish him well though, great signing.

Didn't even until today he won our player of the season for 2019/20, bloody covid!
Cracking player, only played 11 times for Luton, born in Ipswich, who were also after him

He's good but he's certainly not anything to be worried about. He's an above average league 1 midfielder, just like Bridcutt, McGrandles and hopefully Fiorini and Bishop.

Actually I'd say Joe is a top top midfielder.
Played a starring role for Wales at the euros.
Was excellent for us.
Portsmouth have possibly got themselves the best midfielder in the division.

Massive signing for Pompey. He’s been fantastic for Wales against some of the worlds top players yet for some reason his style doesn’t suit Bristol or Luton. What we do know is that he will certainly fit Pompeys. Hope he’s injured when we play them. 🤞

That must be a fairly big bit of spending for a club apparently cutting their costs. How much did Luton pay a year ago? I thought 1m was the rumour.

Actually I'd say Joe is a top top midfielder.
Played a starring role for Wales at the euros.
Was excellent for us.
Portsmouth have possibly got themselves the best midfielder in the division.

That's really over-doing it. He played well for us and I wouldn't at all have minded if he'd returned but we probably have better midfielders already so to say he's the best in the division when there are the likes of Fraser and Bannan around, to name just two, is a step too far.

If he was as good as you (and lots of others) think he wouldn't have failed to get into the side at two middling Championship clubs.

I don't know what Portsmouth need, though I never thought he was especially creative, but he'll be busy and bring them lots of energy, and there's a place for that in all L1 teams.

That's really over-doing it. He played well for us and I wouldn't at all have minded if he'd returned but we probably have better midfielders already so to say he's the best in the division when there are the likes of Fraser and Bannan around, to name just two, is a step too far.

If he was as good as you (and lots of others) think he wouldn't have failed to get into the side at two middling Championship clubs.

I don't know what Portsmouth need, though I never thought he was especially creative, but he'll be busy and bring them lots of energy, and there's a place for that in all L1 teams.

Never heard of Fraser and Bannon.
In fact don't know much about any other teams at all.

The three on Saturday are as good as anyone in this division, did we miss Grant?
We have Jones, Sanders and Bishop in reserve, decent.

It's an interesting one as I thought he looked fantastic, at least on my eye test, but wasn't quite sure how much Appleton liked him? To begin with I thought he dropped him a couple of times and said something about him taking too many touches if I recall correctly? But then he got back in and just googling Appleton gave him a fair amount of praise.

The fact that it's not worked out for him at subsequent championship teams is then a strange one (is that the same or different reservations) because even at international level he looked tidy to me a a non-studied watcher!

Let's not forget that Luton had a really good season the one just gone. Any new player has to force their way into the starting XI and if Luton's midfielders were constantly playing well you can't just waltz into any team. He'll get more game time at Pompey which will be a significant part of his decision to move there