The player who left thread | Page 521 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

impressed with the Purslow speech, thought it was very clear and exactly what I needed to hear. I did worry that it meant we weren't signing anyone else, but it also shows we aren't desperate and are less likely to get our pants pulled down paying 40 million for someone like Cantwell!

It didn't put Grealish in a great light either, without being overtly negative towards him. If what Purslow said was true, seemed like we really wanted to keep him and were held to ransom. Even the most optimistic villa fan wouldn't have thought we could make the chump league in one season, so a weird ultimatum from Grealish.

I will be a very happy camper if Citeh's CL ban gets reinstated.

Personally hope they fuck off to the super league, chucked out of the Premier League, super league collapses and they have to start in league one or something 😌 I’m not at all bitter.

impressed with the Purslow speech, thought it was very clear and exactly what I needed to hear. I did worry that it meant we weren't signing anyone else, but it also shows we aren't desperate and are less likely to get our pants pulled down paying 40 million for someone like Cantwell!

It didn't put Grealish in a great light either, without being overtly negative towards him. If what Purslow said was true, seemed like we really wanted to keep him and were held to ransom. Even the most optimistic villa fan wouldn't have thought we could make the chump league in one season, so a weird ultimatum from Grealish.

I will be a very happy camper if Citeh's CL ban gets reinstated.
Purslow chose his words very carefully, didn't he? I'd love it if Smith says something like "I don't talk about other clubs' players" when he's inevitably asked about Grealish.

Purslow making it very clear that it had been Jacks intention from last year. Sign a 5 year deal with all that rubbish and fanfair knowing you had totally paved the way to leave.

Crazy money for him really when you look at it when clubs are going out of business due to covid etc.

Liked the statement from Purslow. As for Jack's statement he's still playing the Mr Aston Villa card when we now know he wanted a get out clause in his contract and valued Champions league football more than playing for his beloved club, he then signed that contract and went on camera pledging his love and loyalty. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to naivety rather than anything nasty but he didn't half lead a lot of our younger fanbase on.

Anyway, that's that. Watching his interviews and looking at the pr pictures it all seems somewhat artificial and empty which is what he has gone in for. I am looking forward to enjoying a season where we aren't just reliant on him.
Maybe there was never a genuine expectation that the £100m would actually ever be met but sounds like he’s been plotting his potential escape route for a while