The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 243 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky saying we will formalise our interest in Cantwell once Jack has gone and that he's in the final year of his contract but Norwich do have an option to extend by a year.

£40/£50m though seems absolutely ridiculous.
If he becomes our marquee signing i think i'm finally done

No, I'm suggesting that unfortunately, at this moment in time, we're not in a place where we can get him because Villa aren't seen as a big enough step up.

But IMO that does lead to the question of why Southampton and Arsenal can keep JWP and ESR but we can't keep Grealish.

Because MC are making a record British offer, and nobody's doing that for JWP and ESR.

I think the owners have been hard headed about this. They've put in an awful lot to keep Jack, but at the same time if he's not prepared to commit himself to the club long term in spite of all that's been done for him, they'll let him go for the right price. And move on. I'm confident the plans are there for doing without Jack.

We will not be taken for a ride. I think we have multiple targets. Until we have a bid accepted for either JWP, Cantwell or the Danish guy. I do not think Jack can go.

For those of you old enough.... think back to when the Brian Little to Small Heath saga was happening. We all thought it was a travesty, a disgrace. He never went. Yet a few years later we won it all, with Sir Brian (sadly) playing no part as he struggled with injuries. None of us could believe that Andy Gray and John Gidman could be sold either. Yet the greatest team we've ever produced contained none of these three stars who were all in their prime at that time. And yes, times have changed and this situation is not a direct comparison, but one thing hasn't changed - Aston Villa FC is still here.

No. No. And no again for emphasis.
Without Lingard West Ham wouldn’t be in Europe and two points off Champions League, in fact you’re easily talking 10 points off and probably where we finished.

Could be worth a punt, knows we play attacking football, in fact ManU are said to be keen on keeping him.

Well that’s definitely a “deadline day” esque move… no rumours just completely out of the blue. I guess it is deadline day for us once Grealish goes all our plans go out of the window

Status
Not open for further replies.